Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

taurus fan installed and a running..........:)

My single core radiator isn't enough, with my mech fan it will get up to 210 and it will hit 230 (when my efan kicks on) if I'm horsing around. I'm running the efan as a pusher in front of radiator with no condensor.
  2. O

taurus fan installed and a running..........:)

I used one of the wires going to the windshield wiper motor.
  3. O

No fenders

Do you have a link to original thread?
  4. O

No fenders

Yea thank you very much, I'm embarrassed that my google fu was weak. I could not remember anything about the thread I originally found it in.
  5. O

No fenders

I seen a pic of a first gen with no headlights and no fenders. Little or no lift on 36 boggers, I think. My google fu is weak and I can't seem to find it again. Any help would be appreciated.
  6. O

Rough Idle, Missing, Pulling my hair out.

I know this is old but I put a 91 motor in a 94 using the 94 engine harness. Left the egr and cmp unplugged. Runs fine so far. Obvious cel but i am in a non inspection state.
  7. O

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

3" with 235/75 BFG at's
  8. O

Volvo 850 turbo wagon diversion

My explorer did the same thing. I'd drive for about 20 minutes and lose power, sometimes stall. Kept my fuel pressure gauge with me. With no load my fuel pump would keep pressure fine. So it took awhile to diagnose. When I dropped the tank the sick had fallen off and it had probably sucked up...
  9. O

1996 crown vic fuel/spark issues

They are not being confused. The fuse, diode, and relay check out. The pcm "should" be getting power, time was limited but I am going to borrow a code reader to make sure PCM is fine. Anyways the crank sensor testing has nothing to do with PCM seeing as you unplug it to test it. And it tested...
  10. O

Also he did state there was intermittent cel While trying to start but idk if it's still the case. The ckp test has you unplug the sensor and see if it's generating an AC current, which it is not.
  11. O

The relay kicks on initially when you hit the key, like it supposed but since it's not starting the relay won't stay on. I'm fairly familiar with troubleshooting fuel problems, seems like everything ford I've owned has needed fuel pump. It's the no spark thing that interested me. I will state...
  12. O

I Have a friend who's Vic shut off on him. Basic troubleshooting showed no fuel pressure. So made sure to check for power at pump, there was, but bit did not turn on. So new fuel pump. Now it has pressure if you bypass relay. Still wouldn't start. Used a timing light to verify no spark. We...
  13. O

No coolant system pressure

My experience with this particular fan/clutch has always been poor. I would like the E-fan to work but if I go back to MECH fan I will use an auto radiator and fan assembly. AN run my power steering through the radiator in lieu of the auto trans.
  14. O

Well I picked up another thermostat. So when I pull the old one it had crap clogged in the bleeder hole. Voila there was an air pocket. I just flushed this thing 2 weeks ago and the coolant is horrendous mud color. I did remove the gizmo. Max a/c recirculates the air not bring in fresh air...
  15. O

Still no pressure. I'm at a loss. No obvious coolant loss, no coolant in oil. Would an air pocket seriously cause a complete lack of pressure in system. I can remove rad cap when engine is at temp with no issue.
  16. O

Well i grabbed a water pump and elec fan. Turns out there was a pinhole leak behind shroud that was enough to leak pressure but no show any obvious signs. New radiator fixed that. So any other things to look for with heat issues? -changed heater core -changed thermostat -new water pump -new...
  17. O

Last year for 5 speed tranny?

I believe the sohc trans will have one bolt hole that will not line up otherwise it works. My trans has had only 5 of the 6 bolts holding together for years and its fine.
  18. O

Well the heater core is/was bypassed. No change in pressure either way. Thermostat is functional. I will probably have to rent a pressure tester. I hope its the rad (I have another one thankfully) or the cap (cheap). Its a stant lev r vent cap and it doesnt do anything when you pull lever. When...
  19. O

My 97 Exploder Pre-runneresk Project...

Bad ass dude keep up the good work.
  20. O

My truck doesn't build any pressure. It had weak heat last winter. I swapped rad cap with a lev r vent and I get nothing. Cap doesn't even get hit. Rad is hot, hoses are hit, runs great. Doesn't smoke. I see no wetness but I will double check block(freeze plugs). It has 203k miles, newer rad...
  21. O

Thinking the 33s got to go :(

Op says 50 miles a day. Let's say you gain 3 mpg (from 15 to 18) and estimating 3.75/gal you would save about $500 a year in fuel. Gears, install kits, labor, and someone cutting you a deal would be at least a grand. 2 years to recoup the gears at least, more if your mpg gains are less and/or if...
  22. O

Thinking the 33s got to go :(

I avg about the same maybe less than half a mpg less going to 32x11.5 BFg mt's. Most noticeable in town but almost the same on long trips.
  23. O

Rough idle cold.

Well as update I have replaced O2, pcv, lower intake gasket, valve cover gaskets, orings, coil pack, and injectors. Injectors and coil pack are low mile used units, and with 203k miles I figure it's not unrealistic to change them. Well after 6 hours roughly of cleaning and replacing parts I...
  24. O

2012 explorer getting the 2.0 ecoboost

Pretty certain that "explorer" was a trim level or something along those lines on the f-series along with "ranger".
  25. O

limited slip vs aussie locker

The wiggle is much more pronounced in a manual trans vehicle. And any difference in psi is noticeable. I noticed mine was getting worse but psi was fine and pulled my front tires and found my drivers side wheel bearing was loose.
Back