Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

help-shifting probems

I would also try to check to see maybe while during the rebuild maybe a wire was pulled loose or dirt got into the solenoids... I have seen alot of people in my area with similar problem after rebuilding the VB, found that they never replaced the o-rings on the solenoids connected to the sides...
  2. E

5r55e - won't upshift 2-3 or 3-4 @WOT

Yea sounds like you have a problem with the VB and solenoids well more or less the o-ring seals on the solenoids. I would try a VB rebuild, that would be the first place I would look...
  3. E

4r55e/4r44e rebuild

Yea bet ford is shocked to see a tranny go that far! Well I might be able to help out if you are planning on rebuilding the trans your self which by the sounds of it you are planning to do. I am doing a rebuild on the 5R55E for the next few days . I know they are not the same but they are very...
  4. E

Rebuild lasted 30miles.................

Yea no doubt.... even though more than likely it is going to be going back to the shop I am curious on what type of rebuild they have done to it the first time?
  5. E

Tranny flush question.....

I have just preformed this the other day with a big success. I know the new fluid gets contaminated but when my fluid was almost burnt completely it really helped me out to get things going smoothly again. Thanks
  6. E

5R55E Overhaul Rebuild

Sorry if there is already a post here about this but from what I see so far being new, there is only a rebuild Diary for the VB on the 5R55E. ( Which is very help by the way.):thumbsup: My problem started with the 2nd -3rd Gear Flare issue that seems to be a major issue that for the most part...
  7. E

Hey!

Hey all, I am Justin. I am stationed in Georgia at ft. Stewart. I ran acrossed this site because of the infamous problem the 5R55E trany has with the 2 and 3rd gear slip. Thanks to all the people that have contributed to helping me find the problem that I was experiencing. Thanks again and I...
Back