Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Time for tires

I'd like some input from anyone in the northeast that may possibly have a FWD Explorer (mine's a 2013 XLT). I need tires, and was looking at the BFG Advantage T/A Sport from reading the thread here, but most if not all are 4WD Explorers. This is my only vehicle right now and need an...
  2. L

Time for tires

Update: After taking advantage of the 30 day guarantee that Town Fair Tire offers, I decided to switch from the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus, to the Michelin Latitude Tour...
  3. L

Bad Customer Service Experience

No I did not sign anything giving them the go ahead to do any diagnostic on the vehicle. I definitely would if I knew who the reps here were. I got it all in writing, I made sure of that. How hard of a job was it to replace the switch?
  4. L

Bad Customer Service Experience

I'll post about my not so great experience with a Ford dealership in East Hartford, CT, Hoffman Ford. Before Christmas last year, I was hit head on (not my fault) and brought my Explorer to this dealership to get the body work done. $7,500 worth of damage, including new radiator and...
  5. L

Great Ford Dealerships

Is there a thread for shady Ford dealerships? I'd like to tell about my recent experience.
  6. L

Time for tires

Thanks Peter for the heads up. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye. Also some reviews I've read say they've been installed backwards, to look for the arrow that should be on the outside, some installers miss that.
  7. L

Time for tires

I have a Town Fair Tire card with 0% financing for 12 months, so I'm taking advantage of that. For the 4 tires, with alignment, they're charging me $866 out the door. They tried to push MasterCrafts, and they were going to do the Michelin Latitude Tours for about $50 more. I decided to stick...
  8. L

Time for tires

Good info here. I need tires ASAP for my 2013 Explorer XLT FWD, I think I'm going with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus. Tirerack.com has them at 159.55/tire, I'll see if my local Town Fair Tire here in CT will price match that price. Separate winter tires are not an option for me as I do...
  9. L

2.0 Ecoboost engine noise when let off throttle

I had the same problem with my 13 XLT and it turned out the ecoboost was bad and needed to be replaced, there was something loose and they said if it broke off it could get sucked into the engine effectively seizing it. This was last July, I had to wait almost 6 weeks to get one as they were on...
  10. L

Rear Bumper Protectors

I actually like this design better than the hexagon honeycomb design on the BMC site, except for the fact it's $20 more. Hexagon and save money or lines and like the design better. Decisions, decisions....
  11. L

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

If you're looking for fronts only, like I was, check Amazon, I got the WeatherTech fronts only for $95 and free shipping. Also, if you order directly from WeatherTech, keep in mind that they give military personnel free shipping and they also offer a AAA discount.
  12. L

Installing HID? Read this first.

You guys are the experts here and looking for some advice before I pull the trigger. There's a place not to far from me that does HID conversions, this is the site as to what's offered. They said it will work on my 2013 Explorer XLT. Thoughts...
  13. L

Headlight conversion

I'm considering purchasing this for my 2013 Explorer XLT. Being an auto novice, what are your thoughts on this conversion kit. Groupon purchase will be $100 installed. Does it appear that everything needed to complete the job correctly is included? Thanks...
  14. L

Great Ford Dealerships

A little disheartening that there are no Connecticut Ford dealers mentioned in this thread.
  15. L

I broke antenna off, will GPS still work?

I am missing my "stick" antenna as well and my GPS works fine. Only issue is with FM radio which I never listen to anyway since I have Sirius/XM
  16. L

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Sweet, thanks BoSox13, that's exactly where I had my EcoBoost replaced a few months ago. Thanks for the heads up.
  17. L

Just out of curiosity, what did he charge you? I'm in Connecticut and would possibly take the two hour drive down just for the piece of mind that it's being done by someone who knows exactly what they're doing.
  18. L

Thank you for clarifying this.
  19. L

Will these new keys become the new primary keys? (as far as getting the MyKey Restricted messages with the two keys I currently have)
  20. L

2.0 Ecoboost engine noise when let off throttle

Very similar issue with my 2013 XLT, brought it to the Ford dealer for diagnosis and they determined it was a bad Ecoboost. They suggested not to drive the vehicle as the piece "rattling" could break loose and get sucked into the engine, possibly seizing it. I'd get it checked out and see what...
  21. L

I'm hoping you guys can clear up some confusion on my part. What exactly is he connecting or disconnecting once he removes the hood pin? Edit: Disregard, I just realized he's actually installing the hood pin as there wasn't one originally there. Sorry, just finishing a 16 hour shift and my...
  22. L

Advice needed and question - Replacement turbo on back order for 2013 Explorer XLT?

Hey cwescape, I was interested in getting HID as my the Acura I traded in had them, is it as simple as getting the lamps, or, I see you did a conversion, how difficult would it be to do?
  23. L

Advice needed and question - Replacement turbo on back order for 2013 Explorer XLT?

Thanks guys, I've never had to go through this before so your input greatly helps.
  24. L

I just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 from a non-Ford dealer on 7/10, long story short I noticed a "rattle" whenever I took my foot off the gas the very day I brought it home. Upon returning to the dealer I bought it from, they couldn't figure out what it was, so I took it to my local Ford...
Back