Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Battery or Alternator?

Check battery and replace if necessary I had my battery on my '02 XLT start acting like that and i waited till it died to replace it. About 6 weeks later my alternator died. No warning on the dash gauge it showed fine until i was driving down the road and the lights flashed and started shutting...
  2. G

Detroit Axle / Dearborn Axle???

Anybody ever use Detroit Axle/Dearborn Axle for parts? I recently purchased a pair of CV Drive Axles for my '02 XLT and have to say I am disapointed. These were re-manufactured axles so I understand they will not be perfect but I believe this is a bit too far. They claim to chase the splines...
  3. G

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Door Latch Screws So the WD 40 trick got me by for a while, thanks! But unfortunately I am at the point that the darn thing will not stop dinging as I drive down the road. I ordered a switch and actually opened the door panel to temporarily jumper the switch until the part arrives. BTW I have a...
  4. G

Brake Problems

Thanks everyone for the help, I found the problem. Before I changed out the master cylinder, I thought I should test it. I removed the lines and installed plugs in the master cylinder. When I stepped on the pedal it was rock hard and held. I decided to backtrack to where the problem first...
  5. G

Brake Problems

Well I located a new master cylinder and plan to replace the old one. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I find no leaks around the master cylinder or any of the other brake components. The brake booster appears to be operating correctly and the check valve checks out ok. I am not sure...
  6. G

Brake Problems

I had all four rotors turned and installed new pads, hopefully that solves the pulsing problem, now I have to fix the very soft pedal issue.
  7. G

Brake Problems

No, I didn't. The pedal was going to the floor before I blead the brakes. I thought maybe there was air in the lines, so I blead them. I have never experienced a master cylinder go like this. It was fine before I did the brakes. I did not open the system during the job so there should not have...
  8. G

Brake Problems

I have an 02 Explorer with some brake problems. I purchased the truck 2 years ago and replaced the pads on all 4 wheels at that time, no issues. A couple of months ago we started to notice a heavy pulsing when the breaks were applied. No problem, I pulled off all 4 rotors and had them turned...
Back