Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

pictures Any chance you can post pictures again?
  2. D

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

Thanks for the quick reply. Rechecked work - aha - I had remove the wrong out side dash bolt under the black trim by the windshield wiper. It was to the right of the correct one. Got it now. Thanks
  3. D

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

Followed instructions - at the point of pulling dash - passenger side moves about 6" , driver side won't budge even an inch. Any suggestions? Thanks for the write up.
  4. D

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

Syber Tiger, Thanks again - I guess the link I clicked on from your last response was pictures from Wade Davis's 2003 sport TracV-6. It left me a bit confused. These pictures and write up of yours is exactly what I needed. The hole is where yours was. I will be going to Ford tomorrow with a...
  5. D

Got the pictures - thanks for your quick reply - Dennis
  6. D

I know this is an old post but your pictures referenced are not there. Any chance you still have them?? Dennis
  7. D

help!!! power window issue!!!!

channel that guides glass fell off on one side.(screw at bottom fell off) It seems like there must be a clip to hold bottom piece of channel to top piece but can't figure it out. Do you have any idea. Thanks
  8. D

Window regulator replacement

I haven't started project on wife's 2003. Tool0loot - how did you finally get metal plate off under water shield?? Thanks, Dennis
  9. D

2002 V8 throttle body cover

On mine there were two post under and toward the rear and middle of cover. By lifting from the rear corners cover pops off. Thanks for your help. Dennis
  10. D

Thanks, I will give it a try. DEnnis
  11. D

How do you remove the third (closest to firewall) nut on throttle body cover on a 2002 V8 explorer Can't see it or feel it and access is limited. Must be simple but I am stumped. Trying to replace egr valve. DAH
  12. D

How to disable factory alarm?

Ghosttrain2 Do you have any suggestions on how to disarm the alarm on a 2002 explorer? It goes off when it feels like it also. Thanks, Dennis
  13. D

Replacing visor on 2004 Explorer

how to remove mount cover I assume cap on headliner is a pop off. Don't seem to be able to get it off. Don't want to crack it as I only have the mirror replacement part not the trim stuff.
  14. D

2003 explorer 60/40 rear seat fold down problem *Last Post not detailed enough**

2003 60/40 fold down Turned out that the plastic threads on handled were stripped. Arkward to get off. Haven't found a used replacement yet. For the few times I need to put down, simply put a screw driver in slot and use as the handle release.
  15. D

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Thanks again Just finished my 4th window - repaired as they failed. Couldn't have done it without your great walk thru pictures. f.y.i. - bought bushings on e-bay 6 for about $10.00 included shiping. Can't imagine the $$$$$$$$ I saved doing it myself. Thanks -- dah
  16. D

2003 explorer 60/40 rear seat fold down problem *Last Post not detailed enough**

2003 Explorer 60/40 rear seat passenger side (60) seat release handle very loose (no resistance). Seat is in up position - can not release it to put in down position. Driver side (40) handle works properly and seat works properly. Any help will be appreciated.
  17. D

2003 explorer rear seat fold down problem

No luck trying to free it up. Thanks for the response.
  18. D

Thanks,, I'll look for it. The seat is 60/40 - the 60 side (passenger) is the handle not working. The 40 - driver side handle works ok. Dennis
  19. D

2003 explorer rear seat fold down problem***NEW EXPLANATION*** My 2003 explorer 2nd row rear seat lever that allows you to fold down or lift up seat does't work. The seat is 60/40 & it is the 60 (passenger side) that doesn't work. 40 (driver side) handle works ok. Handle has a lot of play...
  20. D

How to take out power seat switch

Ryan - Thanks -One more question. I got the three screws out. Doesn't seem to be any play in harness that goes in to switch, so I can't pull side out far enough to get to switch. Can't tell if switch is just clipped on or if screws have to be taken out. Suggestions??? Thanks, Dennis
  21. D

How to take out power seat switch

94 - limited - need to take out power seat swich - What's the best way to do that. Thanks,
  22. D

Power Window Bushing Replacement

power window Great write up with foto's - wouldn't have found third bolt behind dimple. Did two back windows. Thanks for taking the time to post your detail steps.
  23. D

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

power window Great write up with foto's - wouldn't have found third bolt behind dimple. Did two back windows. Thanks for taking the time to post your detail steps.
Back