Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Lower Ball joint 2WD among other items.

Replace the Bearings I did a front brake job on my 99 2wd last summer. I inspected the bearings for damage and didn't think I saw any. Well, I am in the middle of replacing both rotors and one knuckle because the bearings went out and damaged everything. At $13 each, it isn't a bad idea to go...
  2. L

Steering knuckle assembly

Do you still have the passenger side steering knuckle/spindle? Is it for 2wd with ABS? Thanks
  3. L

Spindle ruined

I have a few questions about the spindle on a 99 2wd Explorer. My bearings locked up and ruined my right front spindle. First question is where to find a spindle? Can't find it anywhere. Also, can I use one from a 2wd Ranger? What years? Can anyone point me to a spindle replacement thread? Thanks
  4. L

99 2wd front right spindle needed

Wondering if anyone has a spindle for sale. Bearings locked up and the rest is history.
  5. L

Front of engine squeak

I would assume that I need to unplug the battery before removing the coil pack, is that correct? Also, the tool is used to align the new sensor?
  6. L

Front of engine squeak

Alright, thanks. I am really thinking that this might be it now. My tachometer stays at 0 when I start it sometimes and I can hear the engine running. Then after I rev it up or a few seconds passes it will act normal. I will try it this weekend.
  7. L

Uphill Rattling

Really? Ok, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for your help. I'll get under there as soon as I can and let you know.
  8. L

Uphill Rattling

I'm not sure if it would be that. The rattling goes away when I give it more gas.
  9. L

Front of engine squeak

I developed a squeak in the front of the engine about a year ago. I replace the belt and that helped a tiny bit, but it is back to getting worse. I searched and saw that is could be the cam position sensor. This seems a little beyond my range of skills to replace. Could it be the CPS or possible...
  10. L

Uphill Rattling

I have a rattle that occurs when going uphill and around 2200 rpm. If I give it more gas the rattle goes away and if I back off it goes away. I did some searching on here and it sounds like it could be the lower intake bolts or MAF needs cleaning or a vacuum leak somewhere. These results were...
  11. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

I couldn't get the bleeder screw to unscrew. it wouldn't budge and it started to round off. Any tips?
  12. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

well, i started today and tried to follow my pos mounty's instructions. as i tried to fit the tube over the "bleeder screw", and open it with the wrench at the same time, i started to consider the possibility that i had no idea what the bleeder valve was. i realized i was an idiot and when i...
  13. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

If i didn't open the bleed valve on the back two, do i still have to bleed those? or can i start with the front passenger one?
  14. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

Thanks a ton guys. I think i will try the helper option. Two more questions. Do i need to take the calipers off to do this? Is this time sensitive, will it damage anything to drive it for a few days like this till i get time to do this? Thanks again.
  15. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

Thanks for your help. Is there a how to thread on brake bleeding? I have been looking for about 30 min now and can't find one.
  16. L

Parking Brake Problem

The brake fluid was low. Thanks for the help. I did a brake job today and used a spreader on the calipers to get them back on. Opened the bleed valve and some fluid came out when i pushed the pistons back in. Then i closed the valve when finished. Added more fluid to the max fill line when i...
  17. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

Thanks, I did get them off and turned one and had to replace one that had a deep groove in it. The axle nuts were so loose i took them off with my fingers. :( Everything went well. Thanks for the info. The only issue is that i had to use a spreader on the calipers to get them back on. I opened...
  18. L

Parking Brake Problem

I have a 2wd explorer. About two months ago i notice the parking brake being on when the pedal wasn't pushed in. I pulled the release handle and it wouldn't go off. after riding down the road about 10 min, it went off. but when i stopped at a red light and started again, it came on. then went...
  19. L

2WD Front Rotor Question

I am going to be doing a brake job on the explorer tomorrow. I went to do it two weeks ago assuming it would be an easy job like the ranger. Well, 3 hours later and i still hadn't accomplished anything but get dirty. i did some research and found this thread...
  20. L

Loud, fast screech at startup and gear shifting

i've got a loud screech from the engine as soon as it starts up and when i shift into reverse then also shifting into drive. it does it about 80 percent of the time on startup and about 75 percent of the time when shifting. i can't find any trends like when it's cold or hot or anything. it just...
  21. L

SOHC Rough Start

yeah, i guess it's not the starter. it's like it isn't getting gas. so i guess the fuel pump. could the fuel filter be a possibility too?
  22. L

SOHC Rough Start

My 2004 Ranger with a SOHC is having some trouble starting. I did some searching and couldn't really find anything. Could this be the starter going out? Has anyone else had similar problems?
  23. L

TM Headers

aren't they cheaper being a member on this forum?
  24. L

Any engine differences between '97 and '99 (5.0)

I think that the EGR is different.
  25. L

Lets See Those Custom Air Intake Modz

Did you have to buy the whole SOHC kit to get the Volant Box?
Back