Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

DDM Tuning HIDs! Amazing!

I bought a set of 5000k 55w HID's for my Silverado from DDM and they are exactly the color I want. Only time they are blue-ish is during warm up then they go to pure white in color. I installed them 3 months ago and, so far they are great. No problems whatsoever.
  2. C

Please help!!!

I think you have to heat up the housings in your oven enough to loosen up the glue and then carefully pull it apart. Then paint everywhere except the bowl area where the light is. IMO, its better off to buy a set off ebay. lol
  3. C

Premium fuel??

I have heard this too. I am going to try and find some ethanol free gas tomorrow. I have a hunch where I can find it. A friend tries to get that gas as often as possible and he said he sees an average of 2mpg in his hybrid accord. I think I will notice some on my truck.
  4. C

Traded the Explorer...

Yeah. It's a nice rig for sure. I miss my explorer a lil and especially a few of the options I had with the explorer like memory seats and sunroof and things like that. But trucks don't need all that lol. My first tank on the silverado netted me 19.1mpg avg (with light footed driving) 2nd tank...
  5. C

Traded the Explorer...

It surprisingly gets about the same as my (former) explorer did. I have been driving it all over since I got it and averages 15.1mpg (of course thats combined with the people who test drove it before I picked it up). I like the cylinder deactivation thing. You really don't notice it unless your...
  6. C

Traded the Explorer...

Yup. Guess I forgot to put that I bought it lol
  7. C

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Gotta count me out indefinitely as I traded my Ex in. Got a great deal on a 2008 Silverado I couldn't pass up. I will miss my explorer but will frequent this site for updates and to make some opinions every now and then. I really want to keep updated on this UCA thing though. I think its a great...
  8. C

Traded the Explorer...

Sooo today I was just wandering dealer lots like I always do, looking at different vehicles and saw this truck sitting there. So, I looked it up on cars.com on my iPhone to see if there was an "internet price". The internet price was $23,999. Had just under 36.500 miles and is a 2008 with the...
  9. C

transfer case went...need new one

I hate when I see other peoples mechanicals fail at lower mileage than mine, cause it makes me think my whole powertrain is just gonna crap out all at once lol. I would say check out the junk yards and snag one from there and open it up and see if it looks good. Or you can order a Jasper one. I...
  10. C

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

I think the only logical answer to the rear end is SAS but nobody has done it and posted a step by step "how to" as of yet. I will let you know in a month or 2 if I will join the list or not.
  11. C

Time to spend money on new parts!

I will keep an eye out for the group purchase Willis. At this present moment, I am just gonna go with what I need done then worry about the spacers and UCA's later (probably give a few months so the springs settle and such)
  12. C

Went wheelin today :)

Where is this at? I am in NOVA and am lookin for a spot to go wheeling... well, once I get my spring issue taken care of anyways lol
  13. C

Time to spend money on new parts!

Well, went to go get my alignment, tire rotation and balancing done today and the mechanics told me that I had broken springs in the rear. Kinda crazy that they broke in the same exact spot. I can't say I have heard of anyone having broken springs in the same location as me though. Here is the...
  14. C

Ball Joint Spacers

Is this for front and rear? I hadn't looked into spacers until I came across this posting and the fact that I found out today that my rear springs have broken right on the bottom seat of where the coil mates up to the strut. Sooo with that in mind, I am considering a spacer lift. Just need to...
  15. C

KYB vs Monroe vs OEM Shocks/Struts

Can you use spacers with the monroe quick strut? I know you cant with the rancho because they are a quick lift type set up.
  16. C

Does almost a whoops count?

I almost got into an accident. Here is my story (I copied and pasted it from facebook lol) there was a broken down car on the left side of the road. This one car decides to pull over to help but the person behind him slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting him, then the car behind that car...
  17. C

Headlights

Silverstar Ultra's are better than stock by a long shot. Only problem I have with mine is that one bulb will die after the bulb warranty (happened 2 times already) But if you can do a retrofit for HID, go that route. I wanna but too lazy to do that lmao
  18. C

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah been seeing the Aussie locker pics/talk running around the forum. Can't wait to see your write up.
  19. C

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Not out here in ashburn. We went towards percerville.. i think thats where it was anyways. It was private property and the guy got mad at us for wheelin on it. But we told him there was no sign so we didn't know and we were up taking pics and stuff. So he didn't call the cops thank god. We are...
  20. C

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I had it in 4Lo and the gear selector in D. Contemplated putting it in 1st but I figure the 4wd system would alter the gears as needed
  21. C

Rancho Quick Lift

the Truxxx lift kit isnt made for 3rd gens. Someone on here has them but had to modify them to fit.
  22. C

Photos 3rd gen pic's

yeah we are getting some heavy rains now. I think my truck is clean now haha. Wasn't really tearing the trails up too much but the guy kicked us off the property. My friend has an AWD Mountie that didn't even come close to climbing the hill. He has been up it when its dry though. It was fun...
  23. C

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here is mine. Went to find some trails today. It was rainy all night and into the day so everything was slippery so I couldn't really get up any trails (well the steep ones anyways haha) So just a little mud on the Grabbers and the sides... Wished I had a locker because I probably woulda made...
  24. C

267,345 miles and still goin

The grinding from the rear could be your differential. Drain it and put new fluid in it (Limited Slip requires 75W-140 with friction modifier, if you have an LS rear end)
Back