Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

JL Speakers...Good or Crap??

I got the JL audio VR 600cs 6" comps in the ex...I think they make the music sound pretty sweet...Car stereo review magazine seems to love them too.
  2. E

JL Speakers...Good or Crap??

I got the JL audio VR 600cs 6" comps in the ex...I think they make the music sound pretty sweet...Car stereo review magazine seems to love them too.
  3. E

CD player recomendation

I just got the Eclipse CD5441 installed. See my post "kudos for a great install" Amazing for SQ. 3, 5V preouts. you can pay more and get the CD8051 or 8061 which I think is 8v but Im more than happy with mine. The eclipses had a rep for skipping CD's but these 2001 models are skip free, unless...
  4. E

kudos for an awesome install

Ill try and get some pics for it on the site. Nothing too eye popping. just sweet and simple. Approximate costs: HU install $45 (cheaper than that if you buy HU from there, I think). $35 speaker install which is the price of an "outside of store" coaxial speaker. My JL components were...
  5. E

kudos for an awesome install

Much appreciation to Tampa Bay Autosound, Hands down the most professional car audio shop in Tampa Florida. My system is about 95 % complete and it sounds freakin awesome. This is what they did: Eclipse cd5441 HU (Surpassed my expectations for SQ) JL audio components speakers in the...
  6. E

Custom Sub Enclosure (not the hidden one)

I also throw stuff into the cargo space. My set up is quite simple: 1 rockford fosgate 10" in a bandpass enclosure which sounds tiiiighht!!! Louder than many of my buddies with 2 tens in an enclosed box (of course they keep there subs in the trunk while we have a totally open area)...
  7. E

Wasteful Speaker Set Up???

Thanks Mike. I just might do that (put the new tweets in the old tweeter holes). The only problem, minor as it is, is that they are way up high reflecting on the windshield. I kinda prefer them to be in close proximity to the midrange stuff. But not too big of a deal.
  8. E

I think im going to go with a whole new component system--something like the JL audio VR (5 1/4 inch) for $250 installed. Does anyone know if 6 1/2 component speakers can fit in the front door spaces without making any cuts. Those alpine tweets that I already have are just going be sitting...
  9. E

Recently, I made the first audio mods to my ride--as recommended by a audio shop owner. At that point I really didnt want to spend a whole lot so this was the hook up: rockford 10" he in bandpass alpine 5 channel amp alpine tweeters The stock HU and speakers remained as they were powered...
Back