Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

I love working on Ford Exploders. Head gasket, 4W shift motor, ball joints, sagging ass ends...

I love working on Ford Exploders. Head gasket, 4W shift motor, ball joints, sagging ass ends, fuel pumps.
  2. A

shock absorbers for towing 5th wheel?

I will try new springs When we go camp the back of the explorer is loaded pretty good, but no more then 200lbs of stuff I would think. I was looking online and for the 1999 explorer most auto parts websites recommend HELLWIG LP-15 LEVEL HELPER SPRING KIT, POWDERCOATED BLACK -- model #815. It is...
  3. A

thanks I'll look into putting an extra leaf spring in. :hammer:
  4. A

I recently bought a 99 explorer from my father for a good price. It has the hitch and brake controller for a trailer. My only concern is that the Explorer sits very low in the rear once the 5th wheel is added. Can you recommend shocks brand or upgrade I should add? Thanks. Currently the truck...
  5. A

Automatic Transmission Shifting problem.

This is a super late update. I dropped the transmission pan, changed the filter and mercon. After about 5 drives and 30-40 shifts the transmission from there on ran normally. Fixed.
  6. A

Automatic Transmission Shifting problem.

Hi, I have a 1991 Ford Explorer with 4.0L engine and automatic transmission. The original transmission died at ~120K miles. I paid to have a rebuilt put in approximately 6 years ago. The car now has 160K miles. Approximately a month ago the transmission began to shift badly. I put the car in...
  7. A

Hello Exploder Enthusiasts

I have a 1991 Ford Explorer. Lemme see, I have changed a head gasket on it, valve cover gaskets, installed new shocks, and my current project is a new 4wd shift motor. Why oh why? What I wouldn't give for the old second shift stick...and while you are at it manual windows too. Had a window...
Back