Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

What a week...

Tires and battery are normal wear items, although only 3 years is not that long for a battery. Definitely need to get those codes read once they come back...could be something simple hopefully. Don't waste your money buying premium fuel as it does no good for your Explorer compared to 87...
  2. C

Sport Blowing white smoke???

I would stop driving it and take it back to the shop that did your work. White smoke means coolant is getting into the combustion chamber and with that and your other symptoms coming right after they did the water pump my guess is something wasn't done correctly.
  3. C

Mutifunction Switch

Thanks for the information guys...looks pretty straight forward.
  4. C

Mutifunction Switch

When I try to use high beams in my wife's 2015 Explorer the only way they will stay on is to hold the turn signal switch forward. It won't catch and hold as it once did. Has anyone had to replace their turn signal switch? I replaced mine (multifunction switch) on my old 2000 Ex and it was...
  5. C

Looking at a 2015 Limited

Afternoon all. I usually post in the 2006-2010 forums but am looking to get a newer model used Explorer as the 2008 is getting long in the tooth and starting to have issues. Plus the wife wants a newer vehicle! I found a 2015 Limited FWD with the 3.5L and 42K at a local dealer. They are...
  6. C

Regular or Premium

Unless you are experiencing pinging or drivability issues using the higher octane gas is not necessary. Definitely won't hurt anything, but no need to spend the extra money.
  7. C

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

My actuator is making the clicking sound so I bought the part on Amazon. Went to put it in and lo and behold I don't have the tools needed (Don't have enough extensions to get to the top bolt or the deep 10mm socket to get the lower two support bolts off. Called my older brother and of course...
  8. C

Explorer vs escape

He is looking at a 2010 Escape and that did not come with the Ecoboost turbo. I have a 2013 Escape with the 2.0 Ecoboost and absolutely love it. It is a rocket and will give my 2007 Mustang GT a run for it's money. It has had 5 recalls though, which was a pain but the dealer has been good in...
  9. C

In the market for 4th Gen, have some questions

The V6's have weak radiators (Replaced mine at 65K) and the Thermostat housings tend to crack as well (Replaced mine at 90K). Also listen for any rattles from the engine as this could indicate problems with the timing chain tensioners. Some people have also reported issues with the...
  10. C

P2270 Code

Bank 1 Sensor 2 stuck lean...light just came on. Sounds like the back O2 sensor on the passenger side might be going bad. Too dark to get under the truck to see where it is and how hard to replace. Anyone done it? Mine is a 2008 4.0 V6. I cleared the code and it isn't coming back on, but...
  11. C

Though Ford Fixed Radiator Issue!!

Thought I read it here, but may be mistaken. I thought that it was mainly the 2006's that had the issue.
  12. C

Though Ford Fixed Radiator Issue!!

Well obviously they didn't. My 2008 V6 will less than 60K is leaking. I cannot believe what a piece of junk this truck is turning out to be!! So far 1) Replaced AC check valve...twice and it needs it again. 2) New ignition switch (TSB) 3) Solenoid body in the transmission. (57k) 4) Just...
  13. C

Sold the Explorer..thanks to all here!!

Thanks Rondo!! I really had no idea there was this sub-forum, so the info is much appreciated!!!
  14. C

Didn't know this forum existed

Just traded my 2000 Explorer on a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0. Did not even know this was part of the Explorer forum, so this is a pleasant surpise (Thanks BigRondo)!!! Looking forward to being a part of this group!! My Explorer forum farewell post...
  15. C

Sold the Explorer..thanks to all here!!

I have been debating whether to sell my Ex and upgrade for a few months, but yesterday I finally made the decision and traded it in on a 2013 Escape 2.0 Ecoboost. I had loaned the truck to a buddy of mine for about a month and a half, as his Chrysler 300 had a blown motor. I finally got the Ex...
  16. C

2000 Explorer

+1...your intake gaskets need relacing.
  17. C

Oil Sending Unit

Your oil pressure sending unit is bad. There is a write up on this site somewhere that shows the location and how to replace...I believ it was for the 4.0 SOHC motor.
  18. C

Cold Starts & Slow Warm-Up

Agreed. My truck did the same thing and replacing the thermostate cured it.
  19. C

2008 Explorer Transmission Bump

These transmissions are know for having issues with the solenoid packs. I had to have mine replaced at 52k due to harse shifting and a delay going into reverse. Luckely it was under warrenty. The Ford tech says he has seen quyite a few of these issues with this transmission.
  20. C

Windshield wiper & washer comes on by itself.

Wipers coming on by themselves is a classic symptom of a MFS going bad. Both times my MFS went out I had the phantom wiper swipe...never had the washers go on though. Glad you fixed it!
  21. C

How many miles with the rattle?

Mine has rattled since approximately 40K...it now has 187K. Believe it or not it really hasn't gotten any worse. I run synthetic oil and change it every 5-6K. I don't plan on fixing it and will run the thing until it blows up. The way it's going though, that will not be for a long...
  22. C

2000 V6 Explorer SOHC PCV Location

Major pain in the butt for a stupid PCV valve relacement. Follow Koda's instructions..they are spot on.
  23. C

More problems from sitting...

Your ABS light is more than likely caused by a bad rear ABS sensor. It is located on the top of the rear differential.
  24. C

Clicking from under the hood

Exhaust Manifold gasket would be my bet.
  25. C

Delay in shifting into reverse

Ended up I had a sticking solenoid in the transmission. Dealer replaced the solenoid pack and voila...trans has never shifted so smooth and no more delayed engagement. It wasn't throwing any codes, but a pressure test rindicated the bad solenoid. I am convinced the tranny was not right from...
Back