Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Babe the Blue Ex

Shes been sold since August I believe. It was gone before I got my new ride, so I drove my brothers Mazda 3 for a month or so. Then finally the previous owner of the car I bought got the title.from the bass ackwards state if Pennsylvania. The next day I went and got my new baby: 2008 VW Gti...
  2. T

Where did you run your power wire?

I fit a run of 4-ga through the grommet and into the door sill channel just fine. And half way there is 12-ga speaker wire running to the passenger door. Then on the other side is: 2 remote leads, 3 runs of speaker wire, and 3 sets of RCA's. Those channels are big enough to easily fit pretty...
  3. T

Rotating uneven tires?

When you get an alignment (if done with uneven tires) the tires will still try their best to sit unevenly, essentially throwing off your alignment. And if you rotate them now, all they will do is continue to wear the same way they currently are.
  4. T

Favorite tire is dead.

We carry Sigma Stampede's at my work (NTB), they are made by Cooper and look pretty much identical to that.
  5. T

Any reccomendations on a rim choice?

They are made in china, so basically the same plant just whatever center cap and tolerance specs for the most part. I've been bored and have compared them to the American Racing ones, and the actual "center" (theoretically the "spokes" but it's just solid billet with holes) is much much thicker...
  6. T

Any reccomendations on a rim choice?

I LOOOVE the look of Soft 8's on explorers, I just hate steel wheels. That's why I'm probably going to go with, and recommend to you, these following ones Model 172, the first ones I work at NTB, and we have a floor model of these, and they are solid, well built, and the finish is great. They...
  7. T

double din

I ran mine up through my sunroof. I started from the top (due to the plug), I had it come through the "trim ring" that goes around the sunroof cutout, into my overhead console, stuffed it in the headliner where it meets the windshield and dropped it down the passenger A-pillar into the glovebox...
  8. T

'98 Limited street X - Pic's and breakdown of mod's.

The muffler is first, then the resonator. He cut the resonator off and dumped it after the muffler, which probably made him loose all of his low end torque. I would've just cut out the resonator and put a piece of pipe in its place. Still looks good though, wheels are just a bit gaudy for my...
  9. T

double din

Thanks guys, Feel free to sticky them or whatever, and if needed I can do some more, just give me the art.
  10. T

double din

Just put an AVIC-F700BT in my 2nd Gen. Used the Metra 99-5805 dash kit. There was a little lip that prevented the AVIC from fitting all the way into the trim piece, but a little bit of muscle and sanding made it fit perfect. I'll get pics next time I'm in the truck, I also made a few nice Ford...
  11. T

Babe the Blue Ex

So, one week after using the E8, it died on me :(. Turns out the negative tinsel lead had broken on the spider near the voice coil, so it will be gone shortly. However, I will be getting a DD 1008b to replace it :) I figured since I'm spending the money on a really nice sub, I might as well...
  12. T

Pics of Sub Boxes

Sundown:thumbsup:
  13. T

Babe the Blue Ex

System Details: Pioneer DEH-P5100UB Headunit MB Quart Discus DSC450 4 channel amp MB Quart Discus DSC280 2 channel amp bridged to Mono for sub Sundown Audio E8 Sub in Factory Mach Enclosure Infinity Reference 6.5" 2-ways in front doors Pioneer 6x8 3-ways in rear doors
  14. T

Ol' Faithful

Looks good, I'm finishing up my install today. Had to buy a new headunit cause the RCA's on my Alpine were non-functional :( I mounted my amps on the "spring-loaded covers" like you had it, they are mounted on 1/2 inch mdf and bolted down, so nobody should get any ideas about wanting them...
  15. T

Ol' Faithful

Looks good. You gonna finish the panel at all? My subwoofer area is currently in pieces cause I'm replacing mine too. I'm just staying factory 8".
  16. T

Babe the Blue Ex

Thanks. For some reason it seems that my color (Medium Wedgewood blue) is fairly common around here, so I don't know if it was a location specific color code. But I still love it, its dark enough to look classy, but not too dark to show all the surface micro-scratches like black paint is known...
  17. T

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Posted these in the bumper mount thread as well
  18. T

Bumper Mount Light Brackets

Heres the ones I just put on my EX. I used steel corner braces from Home Depot/ Lowe's and bent them in a bench vise til they fit properly
  19. T

Babe the Blue Ex

Thanks guys, here are the pictures I took today from my house while the Ex was parked in my driveway. I have a hockey game at 11pm tomorrow, so I'll make sure to bring my camera and take some pictures of it in the dark with the lights on. And here is a bonus of the state it was in the...
  20. T

Babe the Blue Ex

Installed my new 6" off road lights today, I'll try and get pictures in the daylight. I also have a stereo overhaul currently in transit by UPS. Plans: Sundown E8 Subwoofer MB Quart Discus 280 Amp MB Quart Discus 450 Amp I already have new door drivers installed Sub will be going in the...
  21. T

neat little Offroading switch pannel

I'll be doing something similar here shortly, but it will be located in the single din space that is open from my new headunit. It'll be for the BWM, Air Horn, Offroad Lights, and 2 for my Amps. I'll probably use lexan though, instead of aluminum like you did.
  22. T

98 explorer sub

I bought a BNIB Sundown e8 for $60 shipped. I figured since I'm pulling out the sub, I might as well redo everything else as well, so I'm buying a Crunch P900.4 4 channel amp for my Infinity Reference 6.5" in the front doors and Pioneer 6x8" in the back doors. Then for the sub I'm getting a...
  23. T

98 explorer sub

You can;'t attach files to posts on here, you need to host them online and then post them here. You can use Photobucket.com, if it's too hard just email them to me and I'll upload them. (PM Me for my email if you need to)
  24. T

98 explorer sub

I'm gonna be tackling putting a new sub in the factory box shortly. From what I've read elsewhere, you have room to knock out the back of the enclosure an inch or so. You just need to use a heat gun to soften the plastic, then some object to push it out. Then if you use a spacer ring (havent...
Back