Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

small torsion

Plannin on doin the 1.5-2" lift. If i turn the torsion bars only an inch higher from stock could i get away with not getting an alignment.
  2. K

another one of those aal questions

its ok to do 1 side at a time and leave 1 side still connected with the u-bolts right?
  3. K

drivers side grab hangle

ive searched for it, i know its on here because ive seen it before.. im looking for the install thread for the driver side grab handle.
  4. K

amp stays on when car is off

tap into the power antenna, or the wiper motor wire off the switch.
  5. K

rear door speakers

i have already replaced all of my door speakers. the rear doors have 2 places where speakers can go in each door. just wondering if my old speakers will fit in the unoccupied speaker hole.
  6. K

**Hood scoop finally installed!**

is it a real scoop or just a bolt on
  7. K

im lazy

im aware of the fact that an alignment is always good after the TT. how bad is it if you hold off on it for a month or so. i know the tires will wear unevenly if left like this. is the ride noticable bad?
  8. K

f-150 spring conversion is awsome

lets deff get some pics of this
  9. K

1998 Explorer won't start

check yer fuses
  10. K

Replacing rear steel brake line on 99/ questions

i got the 3/16 line 60" long i think. had a little extra so i cut it off and had to flare only the 1 end. make sure to use a brakeline bender or it will kink. took me about 20min
  11. K

remote starter quick question

its a viper 130xv i installed it. and everything works it just doesnt keep running. im 99% sure the tach wire is correct. idk what else i can try
  12. K

helpp
  13. K

my remote starter is installed and everything but when i go to start it the truck starts then almost immediatly shuts down. i tried learning the tach but it doesnt seem to be working. im running out of ideas,, and once it stalls it starts it back up again and stalls and keeps doing this..
  14. K

remote start help

i have hooked up the following wires, both 12v high inputs ignition output ignition 2 output accessory 1 output starter output tach if these wires are all done correctly shouldnt it start?
  15. K

Installing Sub into Stock Deck

stock deck to run a sub off the stock system you need to use the high output left and right signals. this means tapping into the left and right rear speaker wires, primarily because of a little more bass. this is what i did and it works just fine, and its pretty simple.
  16. K

Message center installed!!! With WRITE UP

can this be done to a 97 xlt?
  17. K

ControlTrac 4x4 front driveshaft

taking your front ds off isnt going tto hurt anything, but there were a couple situations with peoples trucks rolling away when parked.. read the threads on that! id just find the problem instead of takin stuff off LOL
  18. K

No sound from my radio - please help!

double check where the antenna plugs into your headunit
  19. K

pop noise/rear end?

when i go forward or reverse in my truck, it shifts great, but theres a kindof pop/click noise after i get on the gas a little coming from the rear somewhere. its not REALLY loud but if my windows are rolled down and tunes are off i clearly hear it. anybody know wwhat this could be? im thinkin...
  20. K

Tips for old explorer on a long drive

BUT most importantly, bring your ipod..
  21. K

Stuck in 4 Wheel Drive

are you getting any binding? i had mine bind up and stuff-not fun. i just ran it thru neutral, park, drive, reverse and stuff in all the 4x4 settings i think. after that no more grindy.
Back