Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front axle HELP!! awd-4wd mash

Oh im certain the diff is shot, the diff has NEVER serviced by previous owners. All the tires and ratios do match. I was more less wondering when i build another rear if i could make the 4wd housing work by making the actuator fork stationary. Id pull the driveshaft and cvs and leave outter cvs...
  2. S

new RLC rear bumper

Dont really have any good shots, i did force the sides in closer to the fender by tree ramming ever so slighty. Tighter to the body looks much better
  3. S

Right. My other ex was 4.0 4wd. Thats where the axle is from
  4. S

What i meant by fork was the actuator in the front axle. Being currently awd i was thinking if locking it in place to simulate the solid awd housing.
  5. S

For starters, ive got gear whine out the wahzoo from my front axle. As i am awd, im in a hard place. Is there ANYTHING i can use to quiet her up? The kicker is, ive got my 4:56 axle from my 4wd ex (in the shed). Someone stole my rear axle. Now another question is If i lock the actuator fork...
  6. S

fender flares...

I actually have a set. for sale also. Dont remember what they were for but my buddy had them on his ex and it looked like a factory fit. They are HUGE tho
  7. S

new RLC rear bumper

Looks good! cant wait to eventually get mine! I love my front rlc bumper. As far as sag goes for those asking. I wouldnt imagine you would aquire any until you load it up with a hefty wheel and tire. For my front bumper i had NO sag hell it wsnt that far off in weight compared to stock. BUT once...
  8. S

Correct gearing for chunky 31" tires

Didnt really read all the other posts. saw a bit of of inconsistencies. 4.56 are surely not an all around gear for 31s. You will scoot around town for sure. On the highway.... lets just say itll be terrible. 410s seems to optimal for 31s-33s. in my experience 456 is spot on for 35s. Also...
  9. S

limit straps help

Thank you guys. Yes its awd hence the dilemma. I have a set from superlift measured at 19.5". Now mocking them up from where they say to drill thee frame is just about exactly where im at now. I know i have more travel than that. Unless thats including possible stretch and or bending of loop at...
  10. S

Climate control help!

(Automatic climate control) For starters one day after drivin around, i decide to go back out ten minutes later and my blend door, recirc door and vent control are lost. I rigged everything for a/c thru vents, was half assed content. Well the other day my ac stopped period. No power to the...
  11. S

limit straps help

I know i dont need straps in the rear but i cant just rotate the front wheels. Just thought of somethin else, even with the whole truck up id need two jacks for the control arms two find the proper drop. Unless i throw the rear up on stands, jack my crossmember and put stands under the arms and...
  12. S

limit straps help

I guess jack up the front and rear, set on stands and jack the control arm up and hope for the best. Im mainly worried for some reason that if i get superlifts straps they may be to short with the tt. I figured it would be smarter to buy an exact length
  13. S

Sloped B/L question

Alrighty, stock springs sound to be the way to go. My shackles are able to be set at stock, one or two inches so i gues thats where i can get my play. As far as my rake id love to be level but if that cant be acheived id much rather have the rear lower
  14. S

limit straps help

I guess my trouble with figuring the measurement out is that im awd, so to jack up and spin to a compfort zone is alittle out of the question. Im not sure how much the rear sags on acceleration to equate that to the front lift. I have my bars cranked all the way to compensate for the 300lbs...
  15. S

For Sale 16" Wheels and Tires

Are you positive they are 5" backspacing?
  16. S

limit straps help

For starters im running my superlift tt/shackles. Now im still rubbing after trimming for those who wonder why i cranked the tbars with a superlift. Any way, I have the truck perfectly level with my winch bumper on BUT upon heavy acceleration when the nose lifts up i hear and feel my cv's...
  17. S

Sloped B/L question

Alrighty, as against body lifts as i am im planning to go sloped. Basically my main question is; with running a superlift already what rear springs should i use for the soa. Now concider the fact i DO NOT want my front end lower than my rear I HATE THAT....... anywho, should i run the factory...
  18. S

96 limited Please HELP!

please anyone! i cant be the only one in history with a 2nd gen with this problem. with the weather changing so much its such a hassle changing everything manually. aint easy
  19. S

Hiding 2 12"s Question ///// CD Player Issue

As far as hiding them, theres not much space to, especially depending on the sub itself. As far as the hatch goes i would say no. But you could build an eclosure on the hatch. Either way it goes youll need one built, just find a location or two to put them in a stealthier box. As far as the...
  20. S

Best Shocks

I run bilstein 5100s i love them. Take them anyday over rancho 9000s
  21. S

96 limited Please HELP!

Well i went to the bone yard and picked up a control head. As soon as i plugged it in with tge truck off the air came on ful force, turned the truck on made no difference, no display or control of anything
  22. S

LT or SAS???

Well said, if youve got the money to play, put it it the right areas.
  23. S

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

I went to self test, pulled an 024-025, hit defrost, assumed it cleared but did not reset. My recirc door, blend door and vent control are still not functioning
  24. S

96 limited Please HELP!

All the vacuum lines check out. and the climate control ticks like normal when switching functions. Id just like to know if the actuator would effect the other two, or should i look somewhere else
Back