Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

For Sale Parting Out Green 1994 explorer Limited - 1 hour south of St. Louis

I'm very interested in the center console. Please PM me a price. Thanks bud!
  2. C

For Sale Parting out 1993 Explorer 4x4

I'm very interested in ALOT of things. Please email me at patrick@weicorp.com
  3. C

Will a 6in Skyjack LIFT for a 80-96 Bronco and F150 Fit 1st Gen EXPLORER?

Thanks. I remembered seeing kits for my truck all the time for sale. Now that I want one, it's nowhere. Funny thing is I think this kit I found is probably rarer then a lift kit for the 1st gen Explorer. Sucks.
  4. C

Is the 4.0 strong enough??

HAHA! Yeah, I was considering the SOHC or 302 to replace my old OHV motor. Still runs ok, but not as good as it did. Leaks a bit of oil (head gasket) and MPG is just really bad. WE don't need too much hp for majority of the goals most of us want to accomplish, just torque. I'm in MD, so...
  5. C

Will a 6in Skyjack LIFT for a 80-96 Bronco and F150 Fit 1st Gen EXPLORER?

My buddies cousin purchased a class 2 six inch lift that was never installed many years ago for 80-96 Bronco/F150. The dude has radious arms, break hoses, leaf, blocks,springs, shocks, all brackets, steering stabalizer.. everything. Before I shell out 750 for this kit, does anyone know if...
  6. C

v6 or v8 to 92 Explorer??

Yeah, and it seems I'll be spending about the same. I didn't know the 2005-2010 4.0's had these fatigue issues. I knew I'd have to change transmissions, but figured the newer transmissions were just as strong.
  7. C

v6 or v8 to 92 Explorer??

I still have the stock engine, but head gasket is gone and MPG is probably less then 10mpg. Need something new. I'm not looking for much power, but definitely trying to stay above 200hp. HOwever, I really want the best gas mileage I can possibly get. In terms of v8 power, I think the...
  8. C

?'s about Superlift SOA conv.

LOL! I'm new to the seen too. I inherrited my dads explorer two years ago. I want to lift it, but wanted to wait for tax season. I ended up spending alittle too much on fixing a boat, but I will do this either in midsummer or tax time next year. I definantly want the 5.5 suspension...
  9. C

Superlift 5.5 install $@*&#!!

Damn dude, hope you finished your project. PUt up pics if possible. I'm about to get the same kit for my 92 Explorer. Hey 94EBEXPLORER, I clicked on ur link and it showed 3 pics of some dude seriously injured. Hope all is well.
  10. C

$2k to spend on my stock 92 Explorer

OK. Damn, no body lift. I wonder if I can get away with a one inch one. Is it possible to get like a 5 inch suspension lift?
  11. C

body work with rivets????

Fiber glass maybe. It's far cheaper and seems to be far more reliable then Rivets. I have to do something very similar and I was thinking of using Fiberglass for body. I'm scheduled to take a welding class (not cheap), but I may cancel. I assume Fiberglass works well.
  12. C

Rust repair Rear wheel well (pics)

Great thread! I was thinking about taking a welding class this July, but I like this fiberglass alternative.
  13. C

The cheapest, most creative lift for 1st Gen.

THis is great stuff! Old but good.
  14. C

Thanks! I'm also in the process of rebuilding a small boat, so I'm not going to have more then 2k for this project. I can see how I need to do four things at "once". Big tires won't work with stock suspension and a nice suspension won't be right with stock tires and even with both of...
  15. C

I've been wanting to do this for some time. This summer I'll begin. I have 2k to spend this year. IF you could go back, what would have u done differently to make ur money more efficient? This car will see little off road use, but I'd like it to look like it's ready for off road use...
  16. C

5.0 or 4.6 2 valve to a 92 Ford Explorer

My Explorer engine is about to die. Here are the variables I have to consider. Need help choosing the right engine set up: * My Explorer transmission is in great shape. It was rebuilt 4 years ago, and would like to seriously reuse it, if possible. If not, that's fine. * I rarely drive...
  17. C

Could my 93 support a 4.6 engine/tranny transplant??

I want to do this. Not anytime soon, but I definitely plan on doing this. I have a Mustang GT with a slightly modified Modular engine, but I plan on replacing it with a TEKSID block sometime soon and a t56. So, I want to put my existing block and trans in my 92 Ford Explorer. The truck is...
  18. C

Advice on a New Engine (Mabey an IRS swap?)

Awsome! This is a great link! THank you!
  19. C

Yeah, I'm going to stick with the solid axle. I'm trying to replace/rebuild engine and suspension with less then $5,500.... Max $7,000 and not a penny more. I will definitely have to get a lot of used parts. How much do junk yards normally sell these 95-01 solid axles with disc brakes? What...
  20. C

I've always favored the IRS vs. Solid axle. Better feel for the road, and just a smoother ride overall. Since the truck is going to be used just on the road, or severe snow storms, I don't see the need for it. For the mustang, it's a direct Bolt on, but don't know if there is a IRS direct...
  21. C

Do I need a new Engine?

Well shoot. Does anyone know my limitations for engines since I'm not trying to replace my Trans? I want to stick to a v6. The transmission is automatic. Thank you all!
  22. C

need help with supercharger

How much do superchargers cost? How about Turbo? Turbo is a lot more efficient, but likely more expensive.
  23. C

Do I need a new Engine?

Greetings, The family 92 Explorer is in the garage. I never really cared much for it, though it had some little sentimental value since we've used it for all our family outings through out the entire east coast, in all kinds of crazy weather. That was my fathers pride and joy. My father was...
  24. C

My '92' 4.0L is dead ? ?

Well, this is exactly what happened to me. I replaced the water pump and thermostat, and it stopped over heating. We did notice a loss of power. The truck still runs, but the loss of power is too significant for us to really drive around in.
  25. C

Greetings, The family 92 Explorer is in the garage. I never really cared much for it, though it had some little sentimental value since we've used it for all our family outings through out the entire east coast, in all kinds of crazy weather. That was my fathers pride and joy. My father...
Back