Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

The new Cerwin-Vega Stroker

Same Here I can't wait for the Stroker Pros to come out. I wish 18's were on the first slate of release however. I have run the CV strokers for quiet a while. What I have noticed from use. IF you only like heavy bass this sub is for you. Don't except this sub to get all cute and hit every note...
  2. E

installing indash monoitor and ps2 help

Hooking up is not that hard. Yes you will need a switch in order to watch the tv while truck is in motion. You can get these switches off ebay or make your own. You will need to find your brake pedal wire and emergency brake wire. Those are the only things that are different about hooking up a...
  3. E

wich subs should i get

WOW going back and seeing that you even mention a w7 to this guy is hilarious. Talk about overpriced that thing is way to expensive and if your going for bass it won't win you any spl contests. How many w7s do you see winning 2-4 street categories? Disregard he even mention the w7 as a quality...
  4. E

wich subs should i get

Wow Airkevin you are one to start a nice little argument. Let me guess everything you got is the best and everything that anyone else has just sucks? First off Rockford Fosgate makes decent amps, but for the retail price it is not worth it, but who pays retail in car audio anymore? No one. Geez...
  5. E

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Yea you can tell a big difference in that dye job. Nice choice in Stinger wiring Expert serious = High dollar! Better not have them lose any of those pieces.
  6. E

complete showtruck - worklog

This thread has become a bash thread. Good job
  7. E

Would you buy...

Refurb from a well known site directly from the manufacture yes. Off an Ebay auction, no. Refurb's are fine as long as the orignal company did them. They should have a sticker on the product stating that they have refurbished it.
  8. E

upgrading to jbl system

Does the jbl system amp have rca input outputs on it? The signal wont be as good with your stock hu as it would be with an aftermarket one.
  9. E

need to know how to connect aftermarket amp and subs with a factory HU

I wouldn't want to do this because the factory hu's wont run as good a signal as a aftermarket hu would to your amp.
  10. E

need help on finish off my fiberglass box

you are almost their man! Don't give up what you need to do is get some wooden dowels and hot glue/wood glue them to that fiberglass frame you already have. Than use the flecce and pull it over. You may have to put alot of dowels to get the shape you want but once you get your shaped resin it...
  11. E

Panasonic PD-353

pyle although most of their stuff is crap i have their dvd player and it is great for only $120. Do i condone buying all pyle products no, but just because its cheap does not mean it is totally worthless. As far as this post I would never buy a crappy hu since this is the soul of your system
  12. E

Amp/Speaker install

I like this site www.darvex.com just let him know what you plan on running and he will hook you up with what you need.
  13. E

Breaking in subwoofers

I would still break them in no matter what a focal rep. says. Keep your gains down on your amp and don't turn your bass knobs all the way up. 20 hours is long enough like people have said when they are freshly coned you need to allow vc to adjust. You blast that sucker I guarntee you that your...
  14. E

Flip-down DVD/LCD Screen w/Sunroof?

Your not going to be able to install it in that visor thing. You can put one where your temp/compass is but you are going to have to modify it a tad. You can put one in the back where your lights are also. What I am going to do is fiberglass a 7" screen to my temp/compass. Either way you will...
  15. E

Security for subs/amp?

Yea I have my through state farm insurance. I just pay an extra $15 a month. Just keep all your reciepts of products you buy. Also just in case take pictures of the items.
  16. E

Security for subs/amp?

I will 3rd 4th and 5th insurance. I had everything accept my box stolen out of my 94'. Insurance covered me. Tinted windows and alarm will help. Listen their is nothing you can do about it. If someone really wants to get in your truck they will. Sad that some fat lazy SOB who hasn't worked a...
  17. E

Sony deck, why all the hate?

Just search yahoo. Type in the company name and model number and their is bound to be a few user reviews to come up on the products. I would look at the Alpine CDA-9811 and CDA-9827. Alpine products are well priced and Alpine gives no hassle about warranties. I'm a stickler for honoring...
  18. E

Dynamat/brownbread?

I've got pics of doing this in my 94 i used dynamat extreme. With dynamat i know you wont have to double layer anything cause it is thick. With the others you will have to double layer. When doing the doors do the inner skin first than outerskin. I did the cargo floor, doors, door panels, cargo...
  19. E

Replacing gauge trim panels help

they are not hard to do at all. run a search on this forum on bigtigexplorer he did a whole write up on how to remove all the pieces and how to put them in. I purchased mine off ebay and their are plenty of good sellers on their with a variety to choose from. If you need help let me know I have...
  20. E

Questions about my system and power

Your Explorer is a 95 is it the orignal battery? If so I suggest buying a new one that is about 800-850 cca.
  21. E

Questions about my system and power

Your altenator will be fine. Just have good battery.
  22. E

the box is complete!!!!!!

that really looks cool and screw what people say its a work in progress. Your going to have fun making that smooth let me tell ya. As far as the amps go if it were me since you put so much effort into build this box, just save up for some new nice amps forget used just go all out. Hey I know...
  23. E

What I find funny about building your own box(AKA my worlog)

just curious but did that vinyl have flannel backing?
  24. E

Low end audio equipt?.............

alpine, jbl, audiobahn, rockford fosgate, phoenix gold, any of these brands are good and have fairly cheap amps. Just stay away from the sony's.
  25. E

19 owns you (gonna be in truckin too!) worklog!

yea for 65 bucks that is a good pic. will look even better on a smaller screen.
Back