Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

possible someone can help with tranny

i just bought a 1988 ford f150 with the straight 6 its the 300 motor with a 5 speed manual tranny i have to change the slave cylinder and i have never done this. can someone tell me how to do this or has someone done this with pics?
  2. T

Tube doors

a saw all or a tourch lol
  3. T

will this transmission match my truck

i found the problem i have a big gash/hole in my tranny thats were all the fluid is coming from
  4. T

will this tranny work urgent!!!

what is a4ld??? and like i said it just gotta make it for a week of city driving
  5. T

so im lost know what do u mean by vertual gear? and like i asked will it work in my truck? its kinda confusing me with the electric stuff what happen to the truck that if it bolted up it would work lol
  6. T

help trany problem

if it was the vent wha could i do to fix that?
  7. T

help trany problem

wow ur good ur all over my tread thanks greatly ummm its kinda hard lol the whole truck it wet but i will take off the t case cover that runs from frame side to frame side so i can get a better look. ill let u know tomorrow on that. dare i ask whats the worst it could be???
  8. T

not worried about tough im more worried about it working for a week or two. i have a 700r4 trany with t case from my old 88 suburban i plan i puttin in but im in the middle or rebuilding it so for a temp fix i wanna make sure thi tranny will work
  9. T

help trany problem

i have a explorer xlt 4.0 sohc v6 a4wd last week i lost reverse in my truck so i worked around it today i went out for lunch and truck wound out and i cant move anymore i looked under the truck and there was atf fluid everywhere opened hood and checked atf and found out that is was empty...
  10. T

i know i have posted an other tread about this but i got more info so imma try again i have a 1998 ford explorer xlt 4.0 v6 sohc a4wd i found a 1993 ford ranger with a 4.0 ohv which also has the 4x4 the tranny is a jasper remanufactured tranny will this tranny go into my truck the wire...
  11. T

Tube doors

go to lowes or home depot or some metal place and get some sheet metal and weld u some lips on then sand it all down paint to match ur truck and there u go but it would be a good idea to check with ur local law enforcment about it. hate to get u in trouble
  12. T

if i did this as a temp fix would me truck move i understand that the only difference is a 4 speed vs a 5 speed tranny but would the vehicle still move so i can get back and forth to work for the next week until the tranny i order comes in??????
  13. T

i have read that but that is just for 2000 and up i have a 98, so should there be any problem between the two trannys like i mentioned they both are coming out of an 4.0 but ones from a sohc and ones from a ohv engine
  14. T

i have a 1998 ford explorer 4.0 sohc v6 4x4 5r55e tranny. i found a 1996 ford ranger with a 4.o v6 ohv 4x4. but he says the thranny is a 5r55e tranny, will they match up? the reason i ask is because the difference of the sohc and the ohv. know... they both have the same wire harness and they...
  15. T

tranny help

actually know that u mention it... when i checked the t case it was low on atf so i filled it up. the next day after the drive to work i noticed fluid on the floor so when i crawled up underneath it the front seal of the t case. which would mean a new seal is needed but to change that i have to...
  16. T

tranny help

well after being pulled a few feet it shift to drive just fine know but still no reverse maybe i just neeed new trans and t case does anyone know of someone selling
  17. T

Difference between 4R55E & 5R55E (besides 4 spd & 5 spd)

ok well thanks for the help does anyone now a person selling a transmission and t case together for a resonable price?
  18. T

never thought about that i dont think there would be a problem with it the computer in the tranny should controll the shifting not the ecu or would it what does everyone think
  19. T

tranny help

what would make u think its the t case???
  20. T

grea post same question but will they swap over i found that tranny for 200 so my question is will it swap over?
  21. T

tranny help

ok so yesterday i was drivin throught the wood and heard what sounded like the tranny grinding. as i kept driving for another few feet to varify my findings, the truck stopped moving. know wen it was in drive it made the noise likeit was tring to shift but it couldnt, what i mean is the sound...
  22. T

transmission has no reverse help

ok so yesterday i was drivin throught the wood and heard what sounded like the tranny grinding. as i kept driving for another few feet to varify my findings, the truck stopped moving. know wen it was in drive it made the noise likeit was tring to shift but it couldnt, what i mean is the sound...
  23. T

yes i live right down the road off michagan st off osceola park way well tomorrow imma pull the pan and the valve body so if u wanna stop bye ur more than welcome toooo i can always use the help let me know if ur interested ill give ya a number or an address
  24. T

will a transmisson from a 4.0 v6 ohv fit into a 4.0 v6 sohc???? if so, i found a tranny that is 4x4 with transfer case for 350 only 13000 miles on it too
  25. T

thank u so much for that web site so has anyone rebuilt one of these? i mean how long should it take to do? and thanks in advanced for everyones help
Back