Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Timing Chain Pictures!?!

I had my timing assemblies re done and still have noise, although not as bad. Could the mechanic missed replacing the tensioner?
  2. B

Helpful thread, for squeak, squeal, chirp noise from V8 and OHV v6 engine compartment

I have a 97 SOHC 4.o. I had a mechanic pull the engine and replace all timing chains and tensioners. The noise is better but still sounds like an old straight 6 with noisy lifters. What could this be?
  3. B

still noisy after timing chains replaced

I had the timing chains,guides etc replaced on my 97 4.0. The death scream is better but the engine still has a whine to it. What coult this now be? The mechanic used oem parts.:mad:
  4. B

Power windows intermittently not working.

Same problem here. The rear wiper does not work when this happens and the rear tailgate locks. The rear window does open.
  5. B

blinker, bright and 4wd dash lights errors

I have a 97 Eddie Bauer. Recently the left blinker light stays on when the headlights are on, the bright light bulb is on at dims and off on brights and the 4 w d markers flash frequently. When I disconnected the battery and reconnected, the 4wd lights now work propper but the Lt blinker and...
  6. B

Sun roof switch seldom works

I have a 97 Eddie Bauer Ex. The sun roof stuck open yesterday. I popped the cover off the overhead and manually screwed the window to close. It occaisionally now opens but will not close. Does the switch go bad?:salute:
  7. B

My 97 eddie bauer explorer's motorized sun roof opens and closes sporadically. Is it the switch...

My 97 eddie bauer explorer's motorized sun roof opens and closes sporadically. Is it the switch or motor?
  8. B

How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap

07 explorer sag Well, I swapped the left and right rear springs and the sag to the left is the same. Where to go now? The shock had gas but no recoil without pulling. Shocks and or booster springs?
  9. B

How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap

spring swap Wondering if I could leave the tires on with the jacks taking the preassure off the axles if I need to remove both sides and swap out. I would think the shocks and tires could remain on the vehicle as long as it is jacket up with tires just touching the ground. Your thoughts...
  10. B

fuel injector

Hello, I replaced the lower and upper intake manifold gaskets and now have an injector fuel leak. I am now going to replace the o rings on the injectors. Do I need to replace the fuel rail gaskets I just had replaced on the first job?
Back