Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. patrleach

Ignition key chip

Thanks, Imp. It sounded strange to me that they needed my spare key but it's done and I'm back on the road again. This forum is a great source of information and assistance.
  2. patrleach

Ignition key chip

Do the keys for a 2005 Ex have a chip in them that has to be programmed to the ignition? I had to have my throttle body replaces and after I got the Engine failsafe mode message the mechanic said they needed both keys so they could program the computer. I never heard of a chip in the ignition...
  3. patrleach

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

Well mine had 187,600 on it and she went out last weekend. In the process of having it replaced.
  4. patrleach

For the love of GOD, how do you disable the seat belt chime?

I disabled mine simple so when I'm hooking up, loading or unloading my boat I don't have to listen to that stupid chime. I always wear my seat belt other than that.
  5. patrleach

Highest Mileage 4.0, V-6, Explorer

168000 and nothing major. Regular oil changes, Pennzoil synthetic and Fram filters every 6000. Tune up and brakes at about 150000
  6. patrleach

Who is disappointed with their EX?

I love my EX, have I had some maintenance performed, yes. Brakes, ball joints, couple of other things. But I am in no way disappointed with her. She is reliable and gets decent milage. Now the Suburban I replace when I got my Ex; lets see in 75K miles; 4 trannies, 3 motors, 4 ac units, 3...
  7. patrleach

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

I now have 111,171, still running strong.
  8. patrleach

What kind of mileage is your 3rd gen getting?

05 V6 4X4 3.55. I have 104,000+, I can get 20+ without ethanol highway 18 with ethanol. 17/18 around town. 11/12 towing my boat
  9. patrleach

Transmission

Thanks.
  10. patrleach

Transmission

Silly question, which transmission and transfer case do I have in my 4WD 2005? I know the gear ratio is 3.55. Thanks
  11. patrleach

Shifter problem

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try and let y'all know
  12. patrleach

Shifter problem

I have been having a problem with the gear position indicator (the red line that tells you what gear you are in) at times not all the time when I put it in gear the indicator will hang in either R or N. If I shift to low and back to park a couple of times it starts working correctly. Any...
  13. patrleach

Towing 1500lb this weekend

I always tow with the OD off. To me it stresses the tranny more when you leave it in OD.
  14. patrleach

GF Chips

Thanks for the info, looks like more hype than substance, as I suspected. This site is great.
  15. patrleach

GF Chips

Link http://www.gforcechips.com/ They have an ad at the top of the forum that is why I was checking.
  16. patrleach

GF Chips

Has anyone tried them? Do they perform as advertised?
  17. patrleach

most reliable engine for 3rd gen explorer

I'm real happy with my 05 V6. I haul a bass boat and it has plenty of power and good fuel ecomony. I haven't had any trouble at all but I only have 73000 on it.
  18. patrleach

What explorer looks best?

I'm partial to White with Black trim
  19. patrleach

Summary; 02-05 Explorer Trailer Wiring

Just have one question about accessing the relay panel. How do you get the molding out of the back. I have a 05 XLT and in the cargo area it has molding all the way around.
  20. patrleach

Towing performance chips

James, Thanks I'll check it out.
  21. patrleach

Towing performance chips

I tow a 19 ft bass boat total weight around 3500.
  22. patrleach

Towing performance chips

I have a 05 4.0L XLT 4X4 auto, 3.55, are there any towing performance chips or upgrades to increase the towing performance? It tows good but I'm never satisfied.
  23. patrleach

2005 Explorer Transmission Cooler

I have the V6 and I have a factory tranny cooler, it is mounted right in front of the radiator, the same size. If you look from the top down at an angle you will see a little gap between them. Look for the coolent lines coming from the tranny as well. I don't have a picture it would be real hard...
Back