Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

just wondering

Take a look here should give you all the information you need: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208483
  2. G

Just a small whoops...but...

OK.... I just HAVE to ask. Fairly new here and really do not know many folks or wre they live BUT your profile lists you as Orlando, FL. Do you really get enough snow down there to have a law about where you can push it to? Or to even have a snow plow for that matter? When I lived in...
  3. G

FPR part number

I did not check your Profile yet to see about your engine size, not there, but.... Take a look here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1863739&postcount=12
  4. G

Seafom treatment on the 1994 Ford Explorer (Video)

As he was hosing me down he explained that from his porch it looked as if he whole thing was going up and he could not see me. Now I believe that it may have looked like it was going the wind was blowing from the rear of the Blazer BUT I am 5'11" and go 250(also pronounced fat *******) so it is...
  5. G

Battery fitment of an Optima 800 DT

Seriously, I was going to let this go....BUT OK you came to a forum of Explorer enthusiast and asked for help. Great, even though i am not well known here I have been coming here for a long time. I read the forum for a long time and got most of the information I needed from just the post(s)...
  6. G

Want to install new cargo liner..Need advice

Something like this? http://www.everythingsuv.com/cargo_liner-esuv.asp
  7. G

Well, I gave the link above because I did not have "first hand" knowledge BUT I did have a tape measure, an X, and the ability to walk out and use these tools for approx 5 mins at ~15 degrees to determine I will have more than enough room to place just about any Optima Battery in mine and have...
  8. G

Seafom treatment on the 1994 Ford Explorer (Video)

Seafoam and the Neighborhood Hero! Today I find my step-dad fighting with the coolant system on his Blazer:rolleyes:. Last weekend I had to change out the radiator so I stopped to see what he was up to and he decided that changing the Thermostat was a good idea after...
  9. G

Take a look on optima's website http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_edge/technical_specs.php They have all the measurements there then you can check you mounting location.
  10. G

Ported Box specs

I have to agree with aznboi3644 here. With what you are SHOULD spend in upgrades to push that btl and the amp to do it you would be better off going with a different sub. Then get some real speakers front and rear, nice clean amps to push it all and wiring to support it all for both power...
  11. G

Winter Washing?

I get my sister at the ***** house to do mine for me....... Usually I pick the warmest day each week to do mine. Warm water in the bucket and rinse with a hose the the drying begins. Inside gets completely done every weekend. We get a lot of salt up here when anything that closely...
  12. G

99 Explorer XLT Sub In back cargo area??

yeah that would be the one and only. I understand completely about the Sunoco too. I was just up there last night and when I pulled around back to get back on 88 there were about 5 kids back there getting drinking and carrying on. Hope that gets cleaned up pretty soon.
  13. G

Yeah exactly those are the ones that have a serious dislike for me. Actually it is one primary cop that has the problem but what are ya gonna do??? I did not know he was a cop at the time and he carries a pretty big grudge BUT he should not have been where he was when I walked in....
  14. G

Right now I am getting information. My X was built in 07/95 and since they switched to a different t-bar setup late 95 I am hoping I may get lucky. IF it has the early '95 setup I am doing a 2" body and the tt/shackles with 32x10.5. IF it has the 96 setup I may go another route and get it...
  15. G

Carrol twp...about 15 mins down the road form you.
  16. G

'97 XLT - Premium Sound - System Install

I personally would buy the kit and only use the one side for power and put the speaker connector away in case It is needed in the future.
  17. G

lets see em. your best brakes

At 10 broke both ankles and arm playing Evil Kenevil (sp?) attempting a jump over 5 trash cans. At 12 shattered my knee cap catching for the baseball team. At 16 broke collar bone(thought that really sucked during the healing process...see below) I was on the way to my birthday day party on a...
  18. G

'97 XLT - Premium Sound - System Install

Someone may chime in here if I am wrong please BUT... On my 95 there are two connectors from the factory I think it is the same on your 97. One is for power and the other for speakers. Use only the power connector and leave the speaker side as is. Run your new lines for the rear speakers all...
  19. G

trying to put in a new cd player in 95 explorer

Take a look in this thread. http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229656 There is a pic at the bottom from my '95 band it should help. This is with a standard 4 speakers system in my x. The blue white wire need to be tied in to get power to the amp in the premium systems...
  20. G

'95 single din installation with Scosche Dash kit

I don't have the bracket in mine and I have no issues at all. Not to mention it makes it so much easier to get back in there when needed.
  21. G

static sound from rear speakers (Sterio newb)

Sorry to double post but I had to check wiring for another post and I double checked your issue as well. It is for sure the black wires that need checked. I made a loose connection at the primary ground on mine and got the same "static". You may even need to run a new ground to the body.
  22. G

New radio - No Sound

Had the same problem when i hooked mine up. There is one additional wire that needs attached to the switched power line. It is for an external amp that is in the premium system. I will have to pull mine out to get the colors but I know it is there. <edited to add pics and clarify the...
  23. G

Sounds like a bad ground. You can pulled the entire bezel back out and make a new connection on the black wire. I am assuming that he used crimp connectors of some sort and not electric tape. Hopefully he used a wiring harness but either way check the following.... But once you get the...
  24. G

Heating Issue

Not sure if it will apply BUT mine was doing the same thing. I backed the temp off a bit and it worked fine. I am guessing the contacts inside the control need replaced or cleaned but this works for the minute for me. Hope this helps
  25. G

Have you noticed that it happens more when on rough terrain? Does it sound more like a pop, a bag being crumbled, or a high pitched whine? <edited for spelling>
Back