Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

It was too heavy (75#) so it got sold to another Adrenalin owner. It looked awesome, but defeated the purpose of a "performance" truck.
  2. S

A couple new pics of the 2014 Roush wheels I put on the Coyote Adrenalin this week. They are 1/2" wider as well for a little more bite.
  3. S

07-10 Sport Trac needed for custom tuning

I'm looking for a 2007-2010 Sport Trac or Adrenalin with 4.6L V8 near Charlotte NC, that wants to have their truck on our DynoJet for custom tuning. Must be RWD only. We don't have the ability to run AWD on the dyno. Contact me if interested. Discounts available.
  4. S

Performance Chips

I actually tune Ford PCMs using SCT software, but I can tell you there's not much to gain in gas mileage from the tuning and/or performance chips on the market. These trucks already run very lean. In fact at WOT (wide open throttle), on the dyno we've seen them at 16:1 Air/Fuel ratio or higher...
  5. S

2007 ford exploere trac sport codes and help

I would have said Fuel pump based on your symptoms, but your codes are related to the Drive by Wire electronic throttle which is very specific. Sounds like a wiring issue. Maybe some corrosion on a connector around the engine harness. or something not plugged in all the way, not making good contact.
  6. S

Yes, all of those things still work. Only thing that doesn't work is the Traction Control, because of the manual transmission.
  7. S

Dual Exhaust for V8 Adrenalin

I did have a complete dual exhaust built for my truck. It is possible to sneak by the spare tire, but it's tight. You have to remove one of the plastic guards that goes around the spare. The only way to do it right is dual pipes all the way back, but that means ditching the factory Y pipe, and...
  8. S

07 Sport Trac Exhaust Manifold Leak

Why would you replace an entire engine for just a broken exhaust manifold bolt? that doesn't make sense. Depending on which bolt it is, you should be able to get in there and drill it out from the wheel well area. I've already had to do that once. There are no aftermarket headers for these...
  9. S

Coyote Adrenalin at the track

Just another stock one for now.
  10. S

For Sale 2 Adrenalin 20" wheels

I bought these 2 extra 20" wheels for my Adrenalin as a backup, but have decided I need to let them go to make room in the budget for other items. They are in excellent condition. Comes exactly as shown. Does not include any wheel sensors or center caps. $400 each plus UPS Shipping costs. or...
  11. S

After looking at the rear end setup on this truck a little more, you guys are right in that it would very intensive to do a solid axle swap because the axles go through the frame. Not really worth it for a street truck. I just won't visit the track again with it unless I just leave really soft...
  12. S

Well, I finally got the 5.0 Coyote Adrenalin to a 1/8 mi dragstrip last weekend. With a full weight truck, and the spare tire and bed cover on, it ran an 8.89 at 83 mph. I only made 2 full passes. On the 3rd pass, I tried a more aggressive launch, got some wheel spin, and the rear gave me...
  13. S

Viscous Coupler replaced successfully

Sounds like the VC.
  14. S

It was about $300 shipped just for the coupler, and it requires you send back your old one as a core. No other gaskets. Just some gasket sealer on the rear cover to seal it back up, change the fluid, and you're ready to go.
  15. S

Finally got the ole Viscous Coupler replaced and thought I'd share a photo of what it looks like for those that were curious. This was in our 03 Explorer AWD shop truck. When we bought it, the entire front diff was blown up and had to be replaced, but then we realized the VC was bad when we...
  16. S

17 mpg as long as I keep my foot out of it (which is tough considering whats under the hood).:D
  17. S

New Cowl Hood!

Inside the 2 cowl holes. they spray through the holes perfectly.
  18. S

Time for a little Coyote Adrenalin burnout action.... This was only first gear. I'll try second gear next time to really get the smoke rolling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvY6NpGhzQ
  19. S

New Cowl Hood!

Guys, I'm going to be selling this cowl hood if anyone is interested. I'm going to have an all aluminum version made up just like it, and sell off the steel version. $1200 firm if anyone is interested. PM me.
  20. S

With all the parts and labor including a brand new 6spd manual from Ford, new flywheel and SPEC stage 2 clutch, custom shifter setup, everything, about $8900.
  21. S

at 70, it's around 2300 rpm. The tall 30" tires on these trucks is why it requires the steeper gear. With the stock 3.55's it was a complete dog in top gear. The 4.30's are equivelent to about a 3.73 in a Mustang.
  22. S

The manual will bolt up just fine. It's the clutch system and pedals that is complex. But it will bolt to the 4.6 no problem.
  23. S

Any trans that is designed to bolt to a modular 4.6 or 5.4 engine will have the correct bolt pattern.
  24. S

There are no aftermarket electronic controls to control the 6r80 with that engine. You either have to do a manual trans behind the Coyote, or use a specific trans that has aftermarket controls (i.e. 4r70w), or you have to pull a complete auto trans/engine/computer from a Mustang or F150 and...
Back