Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

eec-iv problems

Thanks for the reply/ im goosing it full throttle in the koer test. i looked at a mitchell troubleshooter and did all of the tests that they said to do, and they said to replace the computer. so i put another reman computer in it, and it didnt even start. the new computer had no injctor pulse...
  2. R

eec-iv problems

hey guys. I am having a eeciv code issue. Its not in my x but in a buddys bronco. Its an 86 5.0 efi. I keep getting a code 25 (knock sensor not detected). i did all system wiring checks and replaced the computer anh knock sensor. The code will not go away. I did a google search for code 25, and...
  3. R

What mods should i do next?

ive got 8000k hids. it already has the billet grille. i might smoke the tails.
  4. R

i am definately going to do the clear lights
  5. R

Anyone selling a front bumper?

sorry, this link is better. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246125
  6. R

engine is stock with a k&n filter, and 195,000. I kinda want to see how long it will go. I thought about ported heads or a turbo. But at that point i should just do a v8 swap. thats kinda out of my price range. Ive got about 1500 to do mods right now. i built my own cat-back.
  7. R

Anyone selling a front bumper?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211336&page=2 here is his site: BBPFAB.com
  8. R

already have a bangin system. pioneer deck, kicker speakers and amp al the way around. jl 8w3 in custom seventh order box.
  9. R

How Tough are Ring and Pinion to change out ?

hey. gears can be a PITA if you have never done them before. To do it properly you need a dial indicator, and its easier if you have a press and bearing splitter attatchments. I have been building diffs for years and gears can take me from 3 to 6 hours depending on how far off the clearances...
  10. R

Hey everyone. I have been modifying my daily driver x for about two years now. Been a really low budget build. Finally I have some spare cash to throw at it for some good mods. I just wanted to know if someone had some suggestions for what should come next. i think im satisfied with the height...
  11. R

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

That has got to be the most bad a$$ f'n thing I have ever seen. Awesome job
  12. R

Before: 5 in. lift & 33s Aftre 11 in lift &37s

definately rock sliders, maybe bumpers since we just got a new tig at the shop. no front locker, i drive it every day.
  13. R

im hoping the stock axles will hold up to the weight of the tires. i would like to keep the stock diffs as long as possible.
  14. R

im not sure whats next. I know i need to go out and see how top heavy it is. Suspension wise i think im done. i drive this thing every day any higher is probably out of the question. I know a paint job is gonna have to come soon, but i dont know what color i like on an x. ive seen so many nice...
  15. R

Here is my ex after 2in skyjacker and 3in body Here it is today 6 in skyjacker springs, unknown brackets, aal, flip, front spacers, and still a 3" body lift for a total of about 11 inches. installed 37x12.5 pj dirt grips on us wheel daytonas.
  16. R

AC pulley not engaging?

Sweet. Glad you fixed it.
  17. R

Another foot in the grave for my A4LD....

I'm also guessing t/c
  18. R

High pressure on the low side

blow air through which ever port you put the flush in. i would put the flush in the line that goes to the top of the evaperator, and blow air through it so it comes out the bottom. and clean the rest of the lines individually so you dont contaminate the new condenser, the drier, or the...
  19. R

99 5.0 cam position sensor.. 2 or 3 prong?

Kevi. The cam sensor should be a 3 prong. Here is a borg-warner part number. your parts store should be able to cross it. BWD part # css804
  20. R

No Screen on MAF housing :S

I work with a guy that did that to his 03 silverado, completely screwed up the readings for the sensor, even lost fuel mileage. I told him to put it back in and it was fine. Im sure it will have the same effect on an x
  21. R

maniak is correct. a busted orifice will wreak havock on an evapporator. its like a radiator, and if it gets clogged the pressure will skyrocket
  22. R

also here are the specs on your system oil capacity 8 oz ref capacity 32 oz Low pressure should be 30-50 at idle high pressure should be 150-225 since you have a new condenser
  23. R

the easiest way to flush the system i sto disconnect the lines and pour ac flush through them and blow it all out with an air hose. the only reason the low side is going to be that high is an obstruction some where. W hat are the high low pressures at idle and at about 2500 rpm?
  24. R

17" Mustang Wheels, 255's and Questions!

The tires will fit no problem. as for the wheels, it depends on what the backspace is. use the search engine, there are explorers on there with mustang wheels
Back