Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Has Anyone Used the AV/in feature of MFT ?

It will only be a matter of time before someone comes up with a way around the "vehicle in Park" function. Now, before any safety police flame my post, I am not encouraging the driver watch the screen while driving, but it is nice to allow the family to watch something from the screen if you...
  2. D

difference between nav and turn by turn directions

Thanks, looks like I should probably go for the full navigation package. I find, as I'm sure most do, that the nav is most helpful when you are lost, or have to detour from your original plan. A few seconds an make a big difference when you need to make a quick turn or exit a freeway.
  3. D

difference between nav and turn by turn directions

I was at the Ford dealer again today and the dealer was tellling me that even without the full Nav package I will still have the turn by turn directions. Is this true? what is the main difference? He told me it was just that one had maps and the other was just a voice telling me where to go...
  4. D

X-Plan orders

Just curious if anyone who has bought with the X-plan has been able to negotiate in addition to the X-plan savings? I am looking at buying a new Explorer and just curious how fixed that X-plan is. From what I am told its pretty much a fixed price but if Ford is offering additional incentives...
  5. D

FWD snow experience?

Is the nose of the FWD much lower then the 4WD? I assume it is a bit. My last EX had a 2" lift so I am completely forgetting about the low clearance on the EX. Thats the one thing thats bad about my mercedes, its so low to the ground, other then that, its AWD and the tires rock so its great...
  6. D

FWD snow experience?

Im back! After owning two explorers I switched to a mercedes for a while and recently had the chance to rent an explorer for a trip from Cleveland to North Carolina and fell in love. I am looking around at my local dealerships inventory and I am finding way more FWD explorers then 4WD...
  7. D

wierd turn of events

Thanks for your help. The wrench light was on. I think what happened is the brake light switch stayed on killing the battery. when I put then new battery in I think the ETC, or something associated with it got messed up while it was trying to crank with the dead battery which caused the...
  8. D

Traded in the Ex today, new car pics

I had a 97 explorer with the AWD and 5.0 and loved it too, that thing had some "get up and go" I miss that one more then my 04!
  9. D

I'll tell you what, I saw the new SHO at the Cleveland auto show last week and it is really nice, especially the LED's they put on the front spoiler. I will miss my ex tremendously, especially when it comes to hauling material from home depot but thats what the wifes new liberty is for...she...
  10. D

I dont think I would "buy" a mercedes for the exact reason mentioned...expensive to repair. However, I took a new job about 2 years ago that is pretty close to my house now...I used to drive 35 miles to work one way... my wife drove the sedan and I drove the ex. But my wife drives 35 miles one...
  11. D

Its OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I actually wanted an American car over this, but seeing as though most of the Lincolns with the same options were about the same price, Chrysler is not leasing anymore, and Chevy stopped producing...I was just out looking. I liked the car, I test...
  12. D

Its the C300 sport 4 matic with the Premium 1 package and multimedia package, It does not have the AMG Motor like the AMG 63 but it has the AMG package which includes different body parts, AMG wheels, and some AMG faceplates so its more of an AMG style package. Premium 1 includes pretty much...
  13. D

only other thing is Road Bully 2" spacers but I never got around to installing them so they are in the box still. Just installed a new battery last week, thats about it. I have it listed in the vehicles for sale thread with a list of all of the maintenence performed.
  14. D

Gave me 6k for it, I wanted 8k because thats exactly what I owe on it, but I should get some cash from the accessories that I am going to replace with the OEM ones, thank god I saved everything.
  15. D

Well, the time came where I was tired of my explorer. I guess I started to get the itch when my wife bought a new jeep two weeks ago. Well to make a long story short I was really wanting a sedan and finally settled on one. a 2009 Mercedes C300 AMG Sport. Got a great deal I couldnt pass up...
  16. D

Brake lights.

Just an update, the part I got from the local auto parts store was incorrect, it was too big but I disconnected it and cleaned the contacts as someone suggested and it is working fine for now, just a temporary fix until I can get the part. The part I have is for a 2 door explorer apparently...
  17. D

Modifying stock air box into cold air intake

the box just pulls right out. It IS just pushed in using rubber grommets. Just unhook the top of the actual intake and set aside, remove the filter, and the box pulls right out. Hope this helps
  18. D

Brake lights.

what does the switch look like? I assume its the same thing as a stop light switch right? I found one at advance auto parts for $10.50 as I need to replace mine as well, just curious. Thanks
  19. D

wierd turn of events

Thanks for the heads up, It may have just been the perfect storm, brake light switch killed battery and maybe there is something that stops the gas from pumping when its getting cranked. Well I think when the battery was drained it finally killed it so I needed it replaced anyway it was the...
  20. D

wierd turn of events

I hope someone can help explain this one because nothing seems to make sense. My wife borrowed my ex to run an errand...i know bad mistake...lol. about 2 hours later I went out to start the ex and all I heard was a clicking noise from under the dash and it wouldnt turn over, so knowing I had...
  21. D

Help needed here.

correct, but there are also two plastic screws near the latch. I was never able to get them out so I just grabbed them with plyers and pulled and bought two new ones for a couple bucks at FORD dealer, other then that its just those stupid plastic snaps that hold most doors in but as said before...
  22. D

2004 Explorer Left rear turn signal problem

If Im not mistaken when you hit the lock button its not the brake light or turn signal that lights its the parking light. Its the same bulb if Im not mistaken so it must be somewhere in the wiring that sends a signal to the brake/turn and makes it bright. I would start at the flasher but I am...
  23. D

my ex vs. elements of nature..

nice vid, the way I look at it is your ex needed a bath and thats the funnest bath you could give it. a bit slower on the approach and you would have made it! great vid!
  24. D

Air conditioner evaporator, ouch!

Look elsewhere! had mine repaired for $600 by a local repair shop, inlcuding recharge, leak test, etc.
  25. D

2009 Jeep Liberty KK

KK is the series or bodystyle. Every time Jeep changes the body style they use two letters to signify the body style. The first liberty body style was the JK. Kind of like teh way we call the explorer by its generation.
Back