Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. meterman1976

Spare Tire Mount Pics

i have a roof rack on mine with my spare tire, but its starting to pull the rail off the roof... any ides on how to fix that? im thinking about just drilling new holes and using big washers, instead of the railling on there.
  2. meterman1976

Post yer 94 pictures

My pics are in my profile. Would post but hard on the phone.
  3. meterman1976

1st SAS Explorer Project

Nice work. I keep thinkin about doin this to mine.
  4. meterman1976

1994 Explorer 4x4 Dana 35 front axle

Are you talking about the front drive shaft? You have to tak that off, and. Remobe the drivers side wheel and hub assembly. Down to the c clip. Don't worry about the passenger side. That axel is a half slip and slips out.. then its easy to remove.
  5. meterman1976

extended brake lines for my 94 xlt

Id just go to a speed shop or even a hydrolic shop. And tell them how much longer you want them.. you have them the same day.
  6. meterman1976

shock bushing?

Ok guys. I just got new skyjacker hydro7000 for front and rear of my 94 x. Now my question the rubber busging that goes on the ends, how do you get them put in? Only thing I haven't tryed yet is using a c clamp. And help would be good. I'm sure I've missed reading about this somewhere
  7. meterman1976

Smorr froze over 2010 feb 26th-28th

Can I just buy the shirt. I'm to far away to make it.
  8. meterman1976

meterman1976 94x 4x4

Been looking around for shocks. Thinking about the skyjacker nitro8000.. ill be getting shocks in a week or two. Any other sugjestiond?
  9. meterman1976

Running doorless?

Even get another set of doors and cut them down. To where the arn rest would be maybe lower. That's what I plan on doing this spring.
  10. meterman1976

I want my Explorer to look like an off roading vehicle.

But all he said was he wanted it to look like... I agree throw some dirt and mud on it and there ya go.
  11. meterman1976

Jack's 1993 Explorer build thread

My front pumpkin is jb welded been that way for about 2 years now if not a bit longer. Its doin fine. I j ust check it ecery so offten and add to it if I need to.... will be changing out the pumpkin the spring tho. Planning on changing gears out.
  12. meterman1976

Preferred Gear Manufacturer?

I know. I'm wanting new gears its between usa standard. And yukon. I like usa standard because of the price. But I'm a lil worried, I've been told they are a lot louder gears. And its for my dd.
  13. meterman1976

frost on the windows, Help

Could it be a seal around one of the doors is not great. Maybe has a hole in it or something. I know that has happened to my pontiac. I do have the frone window on my 94 explorer ice up on me at times. I figure its a door seal.
  14. meterman1976

meterman1976 94x 4x4

Picked up a bw 1354 t case. Today. From a buddy that's movin and didn't want to store it. Hopefully this spring ill get it installed. And get a job.
  15. meterman1976

Turtled

Ya but for me getting stuck is all part of the fun. Learning what happened and what you could have done better or diffrent.
  16. meterman1976

I'm not quite sure what happened?

Very interesting indeed... maybe for the attention they didn't get as a child. Who knows
  17. meterman1976

94 explorer wouldnt start

I've replaced my started with in the last year. I have an extra silinoid in the explorer now. If I donthave to change it in this cold I don't want to. Battery cables are all good no corision anywhere.but then this has only happened this one time. So I'm not sure like I said.
  18. meterman1976

Yup was totally in park. That's the first thing I looked at.. its been fine all day today so I don't know.
  19. meterman1976

There was no click or nothing. On the dash just the battery light came on. But that's it. The connectors looked great. But I did take them off and clean them again even tho I just cleaned them last week when I got a new battery. This morning when I got in it. It started up just fine.
  20. meterman1976

When is a high output alternator needed?

Ok. What do you mean by the big 3?
  21. meterman1976

Ok guys last night I went and finished up my christmas shopping. My 1994 explorer was doin great untill the last stop. I got in it to start it up and nothing, my lights were strong and it wasn't the battery. I finally got it started with a screwdriver. I believe with jumping it from the starter...
  22. meterman1976

bose?

Its all a matter of opinion... but if I had the money for them id rather do a mod that makes sence but that's just me
  23. meterman1976

I'm new here, how do I use a 4x4?!

Sweet. Hey nitro. I need to test my 4x4. Mind if I use your yard to test it? I know it works great burt I like your idea.
  24. meterman1976

my first run

Ya I have to agree mud is the best.
  25. meterman1976

getting gears set up $$$

840$ for gears. That sounds high to me. But I'm just starting to look for gears. So I don't know for sure
Back