Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Possible to bypass t-case shift motor circuit

i know this is an old tread but im trying to do the same thing and some pics of this mechanism would be very helpful. thanks, brad
  2. T

transmission slipping real bad please help!!

ok a update on my tranny is the other day i went to put it in reverse from my house and it wouldent lock in so i held the gas to the floor and it finally did:p:, but then very soon let go:D. so its gettin a new tranny probably this weekend. idk if yall need pics of removal and install but if...
  3. T

oh yea mr smart a@@ over here tryin to make a "funny". oh im in va so no one will ever find me and i can say whatever the @#$@ i want and get away with it. i bet you wouldent say anything like that when bobby sue and bubba is in the same room.
  4. T

im probably gonna get one from pick and pull for i think 79$. theres like 20 explorers in their yard so im probably gonna find a good one.
  5. T

by saying i cant afford to have a mechanic fix it is different than me fixing it mechanic=1000+ me=500- big difference there pal
  6. T

i dont need a good daily driver cause i live in a real small town and no one really has reliable transportation around here so.. but i know im not supposed to drive a auto like a standard im not complainin im just tryin to find out how to fix it. i know the stuff i do to it is wrong i just do it...
  7. T

yea im thinkin about either gettin a 5 speed or droppin in a carbed 302 with a 4 speed. but i HATE automatics so im not shure if i want to rebuild it. it depends how much $ this costs. i could get a 302 with 4 speed out of one of my mud trucks but well see
  8. T

well just a update i got in my truck cranked it up put it in od and it was pullin pretty good well i put it back in neutral and reved to 3000 and put in od again and it grabbed real good, so much that the tires squealed so idk what to do now the problem seems to come and go
  9. T

i just called the ford dealer and the mechanic said that it sounds like the od band is loose or worn so if i tighten it would that solve my problem?
  10. T

i tried im just not good at automatics so im just tryin to find out what parts or whatever i need to do to fix it. could it be the overdrive band?
  11. T

ok i added fluid and its in the normal range now but i got in and put it in overdrive and held the brake and gas to the floor at same time and it was pullin but then i put it in drive and the front tires slid from the power so theres still a problem with the overdrive gear or somethin. and also...
  12. T

no i towed in drive but i also noticed that the fluid is not in the crosshatched area its inbetween the two holes? can that slight decrease of fluid cause this problems?
  13. T

94 Auto Trans Issues

yep there should be 2 cables on the gas pedal the one on the left is throttle, the one on the right is the kickdown
  14. T

also i just checked the fluid and its still pinkish red but smells extremely burnt
  15. T

94 Auto Trans Issues

one of the cables is your kickdown cable and when that one has tension on it it makes the transmission shift and much higher rpm and the cable is only supposed to be pressed down at wot.
  16. T

ok so i probably would just have to get the clutch bands only then? and how could i tell if its the tourqe converter? i cant get a proffessional to look at it because i cant afford that, thats why im askin because i have to do the rebuild myself
  17. T

well what do i need to get? a compete rebuild kit or just certain parts? what causes the extreme slipping?
  18. T

A/C parts, what's different in "To 4/91" and "From 4/91"?

ealy model uses freon and late model uses r134 so it probaby different hose material
  19. T

hi today i was drivin around (givin her hell) and parked for a while then got in started er up and went into reverse. put in neutral and got to about 4000rpm and slammed into overdrivedrive and it jerked and then barely moved. put the tranny in drive and it drove and shifted fine for a while...
  20. T

later auto tranny shifts?

ok thanks man i aint real familiar with automatics lol. but i appreciate your idvise of what it could be. im gonna look at those things tomorow. i wonder if i could make that kickdown cable to where when i go half throttle it downshifts, that would be cool. ill try it and see what...
  21. T

well the trottle cable aint stretched cause i put some zip ties between the pedal and the cable end already so when i floor it it makes the little overload spring on the tb compress. but can you tell me how to check the other things you think it might be? and their location
  22. T

hi i was wondering if there was a way to make my transmission shift at a higher rpm? i dont want to get a shift kit of anything like that or go inside the tranny but is there a way to make later shift points? right now when i get on the throttle it likes to shift around 3500 rpm or around that...
  23. T

check engine light on please help!

whell i didnt pay the dealer but im gonna try to clean it and go from there
  24. T

check engine light on please help!

ok i have a chek engine light that comes on every now and then so i took it to the dealer and he said the codes are 185-koeo/mass airflow lower than expected. 186-koeo/injector pulse width higher than expected 563-koer/brake on/off (BOO) circut faliure/not activeted during the koer...
Back