Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

Well, I went to the local U-Pull-Em scrap yard today, and to my suprise they had 1 (ONE) '97 Limited sitting there. Cut the connector I need, wired it up and voila, OEM radio works. To my surprise, the rear controls, and teh 6Disc work as well. To my dissapointment, the sub however...
  2. R

Actually, after doing mroe research, I indeed do have the rear mounted chassis controller. I'm not even going to fuss with it, I am just going to track down a connector. Thanks
  3. R

Sorry, well, I would like to be able to utilize the OEM amps. In my last vehicle W/JBL sound system, a 1991 Lincoln Town Car, I was able to do this, even keep the sub. I forget how I did it though :(
  4. R

Well, I was unsuccesful in finding an OEM harness to wire back in. I have an Alpine unit sitting there waiting to be installed, I just cannot figure out what wires go to what for the speakers. I read that the controller is in the back but on this unit, the HU itself is amplified, and I...
  5. R

Hello all, I just aquired a 1997 Limited Edition Explorer in Black. Was looking around for help with a stereo installation wher the OEM harness was cut. Hope to get some good "how to's" from this site. Thanks. Mike
  6. R

Hi, I have a '97 Limited W/JBL system, I viewed the Diagram up top here, but I am having difficulties figuring out what goes where lol. The OEM harness was hacked, and I am trying to install an aftermarket deck. What wires would I hook up to the speaker wires in the dash, to the ones on...
Back