Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Cummins 2.8 Repower Crate motor is out. Who will be first ?

If they are getting 25 to 28 mpg in a jeep I would think a 2wd Sport would be well over 30 maybe even 35 if its was geared properly
  2. S

Cummins 2.8 Repower Crate motor is out. Who will be first ?

https://cumminsengines.com/repower.aspx
  3. S

What engine do you want?

Its coming out now finally. They are going to sell 500 this year and open the gates next year. Unofficial price $8999
  4. S

Parting Out 95 EB 4.0 4X4 Virginia

I still have it. It is Code D4 Axle Codes L - Limited Slip Differential C - Conventional Differential Code ... Ratio 41 ...... 3.27C 42 ...... 4.10C 43 ...... 3.08C 45 ...... 3.55C 46 ...... 3.73C D1 ...... 3.27L D2 ...... 4.10L D4 ...... 3.73L
  5. S

OK 2 or 3 weeks til the scrap yard.
  6. S

They both seem to fill up and hold air fine. I dont know how to get them out but I guess there is a way.
  7. S

I think I have a shroud off a 93 4.0. I will have to look. $15 but packaging and shipping would be outrageous. I recommend modifying yours to fit.
  8. S

The seats in the 95 Eddie Bauer are in pretty bad shape but I am also parting out a 93 XLT with seats in good condition. Not actual picture but this color. Mine are a little cleaner than these I think.
  9. S

4.0V6 it was running when parked. I bought it from another guy and it was parked about 6 months. I dont know the history of the motor but I can ask.
  10. S

Parting Out 95 EB 4.0 4X4 Virginia or $300 for all I am parting out a complete 95 4 door VIN# 1fmdu34x1suv93832 I really don't like to ship large parts but make offer and we will see. Located in Ivor VA 23866. Complete minus tires at this time.Straight body no rust. Would take...
  11. S

Engine Swap 93 to 92 4.0

OK My 92/4.0 blew a head gasket. 250K plus so I am not complaining. I swapped the 4.0 out of my 93 into it. Looks like I am going to have to use the 92 wiring harness correct? The 93 one has an extra plug on the rear of the motor. Next question what about injectors?? From the Napa website it...
  12. S

Fuel Pump has no power

Glad you got it going. Don't forget the Fuel Filter. :)
  13. S

Sudden intermittent power loss

What was it? What did the problem end up being? I have one doing the same thing.
  14. S

Rolls in PARK

Is it in the Tail Shaft? This is on a 4WD. Does the transfer case do anything?
  15. S

Rolls in PARK

OK I just installed a new rebuilt A4LD my problem is when you put in in PARK it will sill roll just like being in N. Any ideas ? I have manually shifted it into PARK so I know it really is in PARK. PLEASE tell me this transmission is not going to have to come back out.
  16. S

Fuel Pump has no power

I would hang test a new pump assembly if possible to see if it runs when you turn on the key. The fuel gage wires run thru that same plug so there is always power on one pin. NOTE: If you are short on money go ahead an drop the tank before you buy a new pump. There is a good chance that one of...
  17. S

fuel pump

Be sure you need a fuel pump first. Be sure you need a fuel pump first. 1. If you shoot starting fluid into the motor does the car start and then die? If yes then you have a fuel problem. 2. Check the fuel pump relay.If you jump the terminals on the plug the pump should run. This allows...
  18. S

Where to start on an unknown AT transmission??

Thanks for the reply. I am in the middle of taking the tranny out right now. So much is half done that it is not even funny.
  19. S

Where to start on an unknown AT transmission??

OK I just bought this none running 92. Here is the story. I bought this from a kid who apparently had his transmission go out. Well he and his backyard mechanic buddy bought a transmission from the Junkyard. ( the transmission must be good right?? if the someone was able to wreck the car)...
Back