Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Hood wont open

I had a similar problem with my 2001 Explorer Sport. One day I found that the hood would not release. Before that, I was able to open the hood by pulling the release under the dash without any problem. I had to pull the latch under the dash while somebody else lifted the hood in order for...
  2. J

rear window washing fluid

On my 2001 Sport, the rear window washer feeds from the front reservoir under the hood.
  3. J

safe to use 4x4 high on the highway?

I have a 2001 Sport. Can I safely shift from 4HI to 2WD once moving, or do I have to stop, put it in neutral, and then shift from 4HI to 2WD?
  4. J

Inspection - "recommended" services

I didn't, and it's why I posted the question here. Given the threads on this forum describing issues with ball joints in particular, I wasn't surprised by the recommendation. This wasn't the first mechanic who told me to keep an eye on them.
  5. J

Inspection - "recommended" services

I just had my 2001 Explorer Sport inspected. The vehicle passed inspection, but I was given a list of recommended services, including replacement of lower front left balljoints, left inner tie rod ends, and both front bearing & seals. I was considering a set of shocks before the inspection...
  6. J

ABS Problems

I noticed something similar on my 01 Sport. I'm curious to hear what others may suggest.
  7. J

Ball joints, but different each side?!

I recently bought an 01 Sport 4x4, and when I was shopping for tires, one tire shop told me I needed to replace the ball joints and passenger side control arm...saying something about it being a common Ford Explorer problem. However, when I asked my regular mechanic to check the ball joints and...
  8. J

New Owner 0- 1998 Exp. Sport - Any Advice

Another newbie here...why not flush the transmission system? The reason I ask is because a fellow at the tire shop where I took the vehicle said to take it to a shop that will flush the system. I haven't done anything yet, although the vehicle has 59,000 miles on it, and I am working on some...
  9. J

Hello

I recently bought a 2001 Explorer Sport, and came across this forum following a google search on ball joints/control arms.
  10. J

All you need to know about keyless entry

A local locksmith cut 2 keys for me and reset the key code for $80. Jim
Back