Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Transmission Rattle?

I had the exact same symptoms on my '03 4.6. It drove me %*$&% crazy. Ultimately the problem turned out to be the heat shield on catalytic converter. I had the cats replaced under warranty for a different reason and the rattle went away.
  2. Z

A/C Blowing Oddly in my 03 Mountaineer!

I had the same problem with my '03 Explorer. Add more refrigerant.
  3. Z

Need new tires... but which one?

I went with the General Grabber HTS in March and have found them to be a great tire so far.
  4. Z

Comfirm A/C Problem please

Check your A/C refrigerant level. I have the same system in my '03 limited and had the exact same problem. I went as far as replacing the driver's side actuator but still had the "warm driver, cold passenger, cold rear" symptom. The problem went away after I added another 12oz can of R134a.
  5. Z

aux input on 6cd changer?

I recently installed the PIE FRDN-AUX in my '03 Limited w/the 6 disk changer (815 series). In my vehicle there was an unused power connector under the center console that I used for power and ground. I Installed a Jensen Marine JPORT 1/8" audio jack in the center console instead of having to...
  6. Z

What is this switch for?

I turn mine off when I have my bike rack mounted as the rack blocks the sensors sets off the audio alert.
  7. Z

Blend Door Actuator Help

Hi Scott, You're going through exactly the same sequence of events and troubleshooting I went through. I went as far as replacing the driver's side actuator as I also experienced the wintertime clicking noise. However, I still had the same air conditioning experience (warm air driver side...
  8. Z

Parking

My '03 Ex does something similar. I've found if I pause on R for a second or two on my way to P there's no "bump". Not sure about the underlying root cause...
  9. Z

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I replaced the front/driver's side blend door actuator on my 2003 Explorer Limited last week using the excellent info in this post. My Ex has DATC. I noticed a couple of differences between the excellent info posted here regarding the manual climate control and my vehicle's DATC...
  10. Z

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Hey - Floatflyer! Do yourself a favor: check for the broken black ground wire. It's really not that difficult to get into the door and the wire bundle.
  11. Z

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Hey everybody, I just resolved this issue on my 2003 Limited and thought I'd share my experience. When my vehicle first started displaying the "Door Ajar" message several years ago, the WD-40 solution would resolve the problem for many months. However, about six months ago the problem...
  12. Z

Torque Converter Noise? I think.

Had my catalytic converter replaced today and my rattle is gone.
  13. Z

rattleing noise

A quick update for those who may find themselves at this thread. I had my catalytic converter replaced today, and my mysterious rattle is gone. I'm no expert on the exhaust system, but I'm guessing a shield or exhaust component was responsible for my rattle.
  14. Z

Great 5R55W reference document

I stumbled upon this document while looking for information on torque converters. It contains excellent photos of all the parts in the 5R55W tranny, plus other useful information. http://www.ratiotek.com/5r55w-complete.pdf
  15. Z

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Are you satisfied with these bearings? Did they come with new ABS sensors and hub bolts?
  16. Z

Torque Converter Noise? I think.

Did you ever discover the source of your noise? My '03 is making a similar sound under similar conditions (rpm range; only when in gear, etc).
  17. Z

Door ajar issue on my 2002 Explorer.

I had the same problem about 10k mikes ago. The WD40 method worked like a charm for me.
  18. Z

2003 Limited - which radio do I have??

Excellent! I have the same radio and hit the same roadblock a couple of years ago when I picked up a similar style of satellite radio.
  19. Z

rattleing noise

Did you ever figure out your rattle? My '03 Limited has a noise in a similar RPM range.
Back