Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

is the wiring/colors the same on a 94 sport and 97 awd

well i took it out of the old one and found the wiring info for a 97 explorer online from an alarm site with the wires needed to install remote start with alarm. once the weather isn't africa hot out i will attempt the install.
  2. D

is the wiring/colors the same on a 94 sport and 97 awd

about me... i am not affraid of ripping anything apart or doing anything with my hands. this isn't a question of being able to do it or how its more of a preperation question or two. so with that being said I have a 94 sport that i blew the trans. i bought a 97 awd sohc 4.0 xlt. i had a remote...
  3. D

Driver Side Seat is not stable

is it the bolt snapped or is one of the arms under the seat snapped? mine snapped under the seat. i took it out and put a real weld on the joint and haven't had a problem since. i wouldn't weld it to the floor in case you ever need them out.
  4. D

Front Shock Bolts

sorry just re-read yoru post whoever put both nuts on top with none on the bottom was wrong. it should look like the picture in this post with the wrenches on the nuts.
  5. D

Front Shock Bolts

now do you remember up top in the begining of your post you said there was two nuts one on top and one on bottom of the bracket. well there you go. one goes on top with a washer then bushing then under the bracket it goes bushing, washer, then nut. the bolt should have been on the new shock with...
  6. D

What's your trans temp at??

lol yeah after that one i have read about them more. the other one was a 94 with prior trans issues that i didnt know about, they added some stop slip and it fixed it. plus i beat it more than i should have towing. hopfully i have learned and the steps i took help prevent that this time.
  7. D

Front Shock Bolts

you need to get a 18MM or 3/4 not sure which it was and hold the bottom nut below the bracket. then use a socket on the top nut while holding the bottom one with the wrench.
  8. D

wait a second. its on the top line on the back of the rad trans cooler but i was told that is the in from trans that it goes from trans to rad to factory add on then back to trans. i added a second cooler after the factory in series before it goes back to the trans. my sensor is on the top line...
  9. D

no sir. its on the torque converter/trans line right before the rad. i'm def not a "newbie" when it comes to cars and working with my hands, welding **** like that. i just never blew a tranny before and I wanna make sure i don't blow this one thats what i meant by the "newbie" remark in my first...
  10. D

well not sure on the brand of sensor or gauge it got it new on ebay but it didnt have any paperwork. i did terst it prior to install by using a known calibrated thermometer and compair the readinsg on both with hot water and as soon as i set the trans on in the water it began to raise to the 200...
  11. D

ok long story short. burnt out my 94 explorers trans when i started towing my 3500lb or less trailer around. i wasn't using propper towing practices due to never towing and just being a plan ol' dumbass. ie: driving with od on, going 80+ mph, passing alot, no trans temp gauge, no extra trans...
  12. D

window went down - won't go up

i had the same problem and i took the motor out and tried it without it in and it worked. i figured the gears bound up somehow and froze the motor. i sprayed all moving parts with lub and it worked fine since.
  13. D

can you bypass you rad trans cooler

great info. update: i have removed my old filter and replaced the filter/fluid and also added a welded drain plug on the trans pan. i had to remove my drive shaft to get the damn pan out. WTF! i tried for an hour before i figured 6 bolts is easier than pissing myself off more. trans temp stayed...
  14. D

funny you should mention a second guage. i do have space next to my current guage to add another one. i was thinking about doing one next to it for ether pan temp or out of cooler temp. since i already have voltage, oil pressure, coolant temp and outside temp just wasn't sure if that would have...
  15. D

no i am adding a drain plug to the pan tomorrw at filter change. i put it on the line coming out of the trans/converter before it goes into the rad cooler. so from what i have read that is the "hottest" fluid you will see. the time it takes to go from converter down 2 feet of tube to the sensor...
  16. D

ok well my temp gauge arrived today. took a bit of customizing to get the sensor inline but it works great. i took it for a 15 minute ride and let it run for another 20 minutes at idle and temp went to 170ish at highest point sitting still. running it into rad, then add on 1, then add on 2, then...
  17. D

hmm didn't think of it that way. i just looked at placement and not "flow" ok well this still doesn't help my problem. if it goes into a hot radiator before the coolers is it better to bypass the rad cooler with 2 in line?
  18. D

im positive it went from trans to factory add on, then into rad. i ran it in series after the factory before the rad. i basically just put mine next to the existing one and went out one into the other. as for why i want to bypass the radiator, isn't the radiator already hot from cooling the...
  19. D

i tow a small utlitity trailer 3500 lbs or less loaded so i need to make sure. but yes in a sense there are 3 total coolers. one factory add on, one factory in radiator and one i added on that is twice the size of the factory add on.
  20. D

I have a second factory trans cooler as well as an add on one thats double the factory ones size in front of my radiator. my trans lines end up going into the radiator before going back to the trans. would it be better to help cool the trans fluid if i wouldn't have it going through the radiator...
  21. D

Another towing ? sorry

when you buy the gauges do they usally come with the sensor/sending unit or is that something else i have to buy? thanks for the help so far.
  22. D

Another towing ? sorry

yeah i actually bought a trans cooler before i noticed it had the add on. i was going to install that soon. was also looking into the trans temp gauge. where did you get your guage housing and what are some brands that i can look into. i see some people have the filter/temp combo going on and...
  23. D

Another towing ? sorry

I have a 97 AWD 4.0L SOHC with a factor trans cooler in front of the radiator as well as the radiator one. class 3 hidden hitch and a 3.55 rear. i have a small 4 by 8 covered utility trailer i use for my gig equipment. total loaded is 3500 or less. i have done some searching on here and have...
  24. D

Out of control vibration - HELP

i had a similar problem and i rotated my tires and it was solved. check your front tires for feathering or uneven wear.
  25. D

Lumbar won't stay inflated

disregard last post didn;t see the one prior to the last. thakns for the help. i will be playing around with this soon.
Back