Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Bumps and pops in steering ????

might want to look at the pivot point on the sterring rod. My is totally out with the bearings and all, and needs to be replaced ASAP. This is located about mid way down the sterring rod under the hood. If that bearing is gone, it will cause it to pop, and espically pop with the explorer is in...
  2. S

HELP:4WD Really WEIRD

After swopping out motors, I noticed that my 4wd isnt working. here is the deal....you flip the switch, the light comes on, and you can hear the transfer case lock into place....espically with 4 low. Also, the front driveshaft is pulling and turning. But my front tires are not pullling. I...
  3. S

95 TO 96 Motor Swap

Thought you guys might be interested in hearing this. I recently bought a motor out of a 96 x, and mine is a 95, and dropped the motor in my car relaizing that it wouldnt work. What fun, I had to pull it back out. FYI: for those who all say that a 95 and a 96 are interchangable, think again...
  4. S

body lift 85% done... few quick questions

Make sure that your tranny shift cable that you took loose isnt inbetween gears by accidant. It would be like trying to start the car if it was in reverse instead of park. It just want happen. Maybe that will help. one other thing, there shoud be one wire around the starter that could have...
  5. S

Will not Idle; Questions about motor?

Guys I know that you hate seeing someone ask about MAS, however, if that sensor is causing a ping, and you unplug it and keep the car running, should the ping still be there or no? Thanks guys. FYI...any questions on lifters, push rods, valve springs, valves, let me know, just replaced...
  6. S

6 Disc Changer question

Can anyone tell me how those CD changers they put in the eddie bauer edition explorers come out? Out of all things, I have a cd stuck inside the changer, and need to figure out how to get the changer out so I can open it up.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
  7. S

Lifting my 95

Thanks for the quick response, however, explain to me the suspension lift, and also, the "No Labor" t hing with the body lift! That sounds like a better idea anyway, with a much better price. Thanks again. Seth
  8. S

Leak Down Test?

Thankyou Thanks for your quick response, I will definitly give that try, and let you guys know the outcome. It cost me a 120 dollars to find out number 6 was dead from the Ford place. GRRRRRRRR! Makes me sick. Thanks again. Seth D.
  9. S

Lifting my 95

I have the TT/shackles (153's) and I want a little more for 32's. What are my options? Is there a body lift that I can buy? What about suspension? Sorry about being so broad, just sick of searching at getting nothing! Thanks Guys! Seth D.
  10. S

Leak Down Test?

Took my X to the Ford Dealership after enough agervation, and here is what I come out with. My number 6 cylinder is bad, at 75% compression, with all the rest at 125%. On the other hand, they told me that didnt do a leak down test due to the fact that the rocker arms have to be lossened. Is...
  11. S

O/D Flashing AGAIN

Hey Guys, after much search really no help. Here is the Problem. After very easy absuse on the tranny such as very little hill climbing or a slight need of 4WD, my transmission od light will start to flash. I will immediatly shut the car down, and let it cool. From there no problems. I do...
  12. S

Transfer Case

Jot017 Thanks for your quick reply. At least we think or know that I shouldn't have a problem in the front axle or transfer case. I do thankyou. Like I said it works fine, it just happens to have that one flaw so to speak. Thanks again, and by the way your Explorer looks really good, I have...
  13. S

Transfer Case

Hey guys I have a quick question. While in 4WD, everything seems to be working great. When I go in some places where I know that the 4WD drive is going to be put to use and knowing that I am going to be spinning all four tires so to speak, I get a very hit and miss reaction from the front...
  14. S

Torsion Bearing?

I have a popping noise from the left side of the vehicle when I put it in a strain meaning when the car is at a tilt or one side higher than the other, driving on a slope, or what have you. I can get it to do it bearly if I shake the car at a stand steal. I believe it maybe the torsion bar...
  15. S

Parking Brake Light

Thanks guys Hey, thanks guys, I will try, or take a look at those two things, and I will get back to ya, that way we know how to solve one less problem. Later. Seth
  16. S

Parking Brake Light

Hey guys. Here is the deal. I started to see my parking brake light go on and off on the dash on its own while driving down the road, with 100% poistive that the brake was off. Is there some selonoid or something that I need to know about that needs to be replaced? As the days go on, I see...
  17. S

Engine Ticking

I have done many searches on "Engine Pinging", and yet to find my problem. Here's the deal. Under a load only, my engine will so call 'Tick" and do it until the gas pedal is released. This is not a spark nock form cheap gas, nor a carbon build up! If anyone has any ideas please let me know...
  18. S

Lifter knock or manifold gasket?

Amigo Hey man let me know if you find out what the problem is, and i will do the same for you! I have the SAME probelm for over a year now, and NOONE knows how to fix it. I have had lifters, rocker arms, and alll the above replaced. I have lost a lot of money trying to get the problem...
  19. S

Ping Problem Finally FIXED!!

Check This out Hey guys, good to hear about getting the problem fixed. You have really caught my attention however due to the fact that my x had been what I call ticking for over a year. Can you explain more of the noise about the "ping" so I can relate. Also, my only makes the noise when...
  20. S

Transmisson slipping

Oh Boy I too have a 95 eddie Bauer explorer, and since I have gone through 5 transmissions in 12 months, I gave a little knowledge on such a subject. I have found that our a4ld transmission being what it is, has an average life of 85000 miles. I know of many people that have got much more...
  21. S

Please Read!

Thanks Thanks for your wuit response, I have heard that before also, but hearing it agian, just might do the trick. I appreciate it, and I will let you know. Thanks again. Seth
  22. S

Please Read!

Hey guys, I am very sorry about starting a NEW Thread about this, even though I have done quite a bit of research on this, I have yet to see my problem. First of all, once the engine gets warm, it has a "miss" in the idle. You can tell this by the rear tail pipe spuddering when the miss hits...
  23. S

Difficult to get moving

Let's See here Well, I guess before we start to say anything at all about the transmission, we need to say that a 4.0 engine is pretty stout, however you do have a lot of mileage on that car. Tell us more about going down the road in it, as far as noises, starting and stoping on flat ground...
  24. S

Engine Missing

Thanks guys Thanks guys, I will check all those possibililites out! This is a good source of help. Thanks again. Seth
  25. S

Engine Missing

Thanks Guys Thanks Big E for your response. Let me tell you a little more here. My tune-up is fairly recent due to my new engine I just got. It will do it once it has been idling in park for a few minutes (until the engine is warm) Yes I did replace plugs and wires myself. However, I didnt...
Back