Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. james t

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Thanks... That helps!
  2. james t

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Question- How close are your radius arm mounts to the trans crossmember? Is your front axle pushed forward any or is it mostly in the stock location? Im seriously considering ditching my home-made arms and getting those to get my turning radius back... but my front is 3" forward and i want to...
  3. james t

June 10 - 12 Superlift ORV Park, Arkansas was SMORR EF 20th anniversary run

No problem! We had a good time. Bunch of jeep people out there so I had to show them the Ford stuff.
  4. james t

We're going to be there saturday and part of sunday. Rough guesstimate we should be there by 10am sat. morning. Look for a black jeep and the worlds ugliest OD green explorer. :laugh:
  5. james t

Im still going to be there, along with sureshot40sw and his LJ
  6. james t

Need New Ball Joints? Buyers Guide

You need balljoints. If you want to know how bad it is, place a jack under the lower control arm and get the tire an inch or two off the ground. Grab the tire at the top and bottom and try to rock the wheel. If there's movement- they're really toast. Clunk going over a speedbump + your pics = im...
  7. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

The tube spinning in the center chunk wont really change the alignment. 1- its a very tight press fit, 2- there's quite a bit of engagement... the tube is "all up in there" so far that it physically cant move... uh... radially? wobbly? (hard to describe, yall know i dont english two good)...
  8. james t

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Mine is the same size Dom, but looks more like Jack Nicholson smiling. Still drives great at highway speeds, so I just leave it be. :D
  9. james t

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

I dont even know what any of that is but holy **** it looks good.
  10. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Rust fix looks damn good. Spun tube... man as cheap as EX 8.8's are in the junkyard, i would be tempted to go buy a "new" one, swap all my stuff into it, weld the tubes (WELD THE DAMN TUBES!!!) then use the old one as a paper weight. With that said, this is how i fixed a buddys heep...
  11. james t

Press hell... i use the winch and a snatch block with a couple of tree savers. Close enough. :D
  12. james t

I have to work that weekend. :mad: Soooo, I put in for vacation about 5 minutes ago. I'll be there. :D
  13. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Ahhh okay- makes sense. I was having trouble picturing it in my head.
  14. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I think some decent shocks would do you some good. What was the reason you couldnt move the front axle more forward? Aftermarket coil buckets hit the steering box or something?
  15. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

What coils are you running in the front? I may have missed it, but are you staying narrow width? For shocks... hell anything silver will be fine. :D I went with bilstein 9100's because i got a good deal on them at the time. I dont remember the valving, but i went a little bit harsh on it and...
  16. james t

Jack's SAS version 3.0

For many of the reasons Kirby listed, im keeping the 4.0 and (eventually) getting an atlas. Even on tons/40's the 4.0 is more than enough when geared properly. I would find an awd 5.0 explorer in decent shape and build that before i would do a 5.0 swap.... but that's just me. I can sas a vehicle...
  17. james t

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

If shipping/drive doesn't kill the deal, start looking east. In most of the south the V8 2wd's are everywhere... the awd are very hard to find.
  18. james t

Sorry to hear it. :( You and your family are in my thoughts tonight.
  19. james t

Hell $285 is cost alone on tubing now a days. I wish i could go back to 2000-2004 and cash out my 401k and buy loads of tube with it- stick it in dad's barn and sit on it for 10 years then sell it. :D
  20. james t

Completed Project Kirby's 1991 Ranger Build Up

Reamer- i did one hole with mine (carefully) then wrapped blue tape around it as a marking point... so now just run it to the edge of the tape and it's done. Yes they most certainly can get away from you... i figured that out on a buddys really nice high steer arm. One second it was almost...
  21. james t

help full width d44 questions

I really dont know, but id say more like 2-3" on either side.
  22. james t

help full width d44 questions

With the 78-79 axle, you're pretty much going to have to space the frame mounts out. 77-older axle you could cut the wedges off the axle- move them in- weld them back on.
  23. james t

Completed Project Kirby's 1991 Ranger Build Up

4 really effing hot tack welds on the cap. I ran one "loose" like that for a while with the caps tacked on. Never broke.
  24. james t

Buggy kinda... 94 Explorer Sport

Okay that makes sense. ;)
Back