Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

JVC KD-HDW10 Car HD Radio - $38.47 after rebate

I don't know about the $20 off coupon, but the $50 rebate doesn't end until the end of the month, so I'm waiting until the next paycheck. :thumbsup:
  2. S

The adapters can be purchased on ebay like the OP said, just search for JVC KS-U57. The $50 rebate can be found in the last two links of the original post.
  3. S

First I gotta give a thank you for posting this info! Here's some more info so you guys can make an educated decision... I almost pulled the trigger, but decided to call first. I called because I wanted the option of using a CD changer and AUX input. That's not an option with this unit...
  4. S

Ford Explorer with Mercedes engine

That's the difference in NY and AL!:D I wouldn't trust the Jag or BMW V12 for very long, the Chrysler V10s I don't know very well. If gas is a concern then small displacement with a turbo or two is the way to go. N54 3.0 I6 BMW comes to mind.:thumbsup:
  5. S

Ford Explorer with Mercedes engine

I'm curious as to what you did with flex disc and U-joint. I hope you converted it to use the U-joint! Flex discs, as I'm sure you know, wear over time, and I would assume the one used in a 4 cyl. application would get worn very quickly when used in a truck. I'm a BMW guy myself, but the only...
  6. S

How many of you got Mustangs?

Not mine but my brother's...
  7. S

EGR Insufficient Flow Check Engine Light

A lot of times, the same model of vehicle will have common problems. This is apparently a common problem. Check the hoses, then clean the EGR valve, then replace the sensor. Obviously you don't need to do all of them if one fixes the issue. I have the same problem with mine, but I spent $45...
  8. S

4WD light not working, searched but ready for help.

Will do, I'll update this as soon as I check those.
  9. S

Yeah I didn't think about people being out of town, good call. Is says 2High, 4High, 4Low. I think I've narrowed it down to the 4wd module, since the battery was purchased last month, and apparently a battery change will ruin the module. I hit the shifter motor while my girlfriend watched...
  10. S

I just bought a 2002 Sport 4x4 yesterday. It had some problems but I got it for dirt cheap and I'm fairly mechanically inclined with determination to spare. Here's the main issue... I was on the test drive and decided to check the 4wd, obviously. The light didn't come on at all. So I then...
Back