Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Blower Motor Stopped Working

Thanks albi1cnobi1 for the comments and to everyone. I was aware of and did get the correct speed control module. It was $80 at Advance Auto. The motor was $40. I found an online coupon code for $40 of $100, so total out the door tax and all was about $86. I swapped both out this morning...
  2. M

Thanks Guys. I went ahead and bought the new motor and resistor from Advance Auto. Found a coupon code to get $40 off $100 or more. So basically I got the motor free. I'm gonna swap them out in the morning.
  3. M

Please confirm my suspicions. I have a 1999 5.0 Eddie Bauer with Auto Temperature Control. Today my wife texted to let me know that the blower was only working on high or not at all. OK, I figured the Blower Motor Speed Control Module had gone out. I get home and do a few quick searches and...
  4. M

Need wheels on my 96!

If you're looking for factory Explorer wheels, try your local salvage yard. There is one near me with 4 for $25 each.
  5. M

Goodyear Wrangler Trailmark Tire P255/70R16

I was at Walmart this morning and strolled into the tire dept. Started looking at some 255/70R16 because I'm gonna need some soon for my 99. I saw these and they looked pretty good. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Wrangler-Trailmark-Tire-P255-70R16-109S/29376801 Anybody tried them...
  6. M

1996 Explorer Power Window Fix

That sounds like the motor going bad. They get worn and weak over time. I've had a couple in different vehicles do that. Just replaced the motor. Not real expensive nor real difficult.
  7. M

#3 and #5 Not Firing - Bad Coil? Solved - It Was a Bad Coil

1999 Eddie Bauer 5.0, 166xxx miles. I bought it several weeks ago. I changed the plugs and plug wires yesterday with Motorcraft for both. Fired it up afterwards and it just purred. Just barely bumped the switch and she fired right up. Today I get in it to run to the store and the CEL comes...
  8. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

I'm in. My 96 XLT has 353975 on the odometer right now. The odometer worm gear was broken for about a year, so I'd guess the actual mile is somewhere around 375000. Original 4.0L OHV V6 and transmission. Just replaced it with a 99 Eddie Bauer V8, so the 96 has been retired.
  9. M

1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 2WD

Koda, Yea, I did not like the bar at first, but my wife loved it the first time she saw it. Now that we have it, I really like it also. I think it adds a bit of uniqueness to the vehicle. Oh and thanks for leaving it for us. Shot me a PM or e-mail. I have a question for you. (migar95gt...
  10. M

1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 2WD

Well after a couple of months of looking, I finally found a replacement for my 96 XLT V6. It only has 354xxx on the odometer (worm gear was out for about a year), but it’s getting a little tired. So last Thursday night we picked up a 1999 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD with 163xxx. Black with tan trim...
  11. M

96 Explorer Speedometer Not Working (Problem Solved)

Guys I'm stumped. I pulled the instrument cluster to replace the odometer worm gear. Got the worm gear swapped and everything back together. Everything works now, except the Speedometer. It was working fine before. It's a 96 XLT 4dr with 333000 plus (before the worm gear died). V6 and...
  12. M

Heater Barely Heating and Temperature Gauge Going Up and Down

Thanks guys. I can see where any of these 3 could cause one or the other of my problems, but do you think the problems are related, or just coincidence. And I think I replaced the water pump about 100000 miles ago.
  13. M

Heater Barely Heating and Temperature Gauge Going Up and Down

Not sure if this is a Heater problem or an engine cooling system problem, but I think there is a connection and I’ve been searching the forum for a while and can’t find an answer. My heater blows only warm air, not hot like it should. I can turn the temperature to cool and the A/C works just...
  14. M

I'd say your problem is between the switch and the motor.
  15. M

Are you sure the clicking is from the relay(under the dash) and not the switch(in the armrest). Also, check for power in the wire (light blue/black) coming into the switch. It comes directly from the relay. If that wire is not hot (mine was not), chances are it's a bad relay. If the clicking...
  16. M

Thanks to all the great advise on this site, I’m able to make my first post a “How I fixed this problem” one, so I wanted to share. My problem was that the power windows on my 96 Explorer XLT 4dr, 2WD,V6, had quit working all together. They had been working off and on for about 3 months, but...
Back