Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

High milage explorers?

1996 Explorer XLT 190,000 Almost No major problems yet...
  2. P

DD Vs Kicker

I want to know everyones opinion on which one is better. DD (Digital Design) or Kicker.
  3. P

Questions...

Okay i have a few questions. I am trying to fix up my 96 XLT and was wondering: 1. Where i can get a new carpet. **Not the mats but the actul carpet.** I want it to be black. 2. My front grill is pealing. That fake Crome stuff that was taped it pealing back and it looks very bad is there any...
  4. P

Best Car Alarms

What are some of the best car alarms and why? I just had my X broken into and I am looking into putting a car alarm on it. I dont want it to be a worthless one that all it does is honk the horn. Nobody looks at those anymore anyway. Thanx
  5. P

Highly anticipated home made stealth box...PICS!!

will that take the place of the plastic molding?
  6. P

Ford Theft

Hey just wanted to tell everyone that it is easy to break into the 96 Explorer XLT. Mine was broken into the past week and it look EXTREMLY easy. I have pics but i dont know how to post them. They took my Pioneer DEH-840. Pretty much all they had to do was take a flathead screwdriver to the...
  7. P

Custom boxes....

im still new to all this...so sorry if this is a stupid question...but if it is almost against the back hatch wouldnt you need to angle it up or have them facing straight up? i would think that if it was to close to the back hatch then all it would do is send the sound waves right back to the...
  8. P

New Infinity Perfect 12d

my has a loud rattle but if i push the sub cone in it sounds like something clicks into place...that works until it hits hard a couple more times then it goes back to rattling...im just going to return it!!!!
  9. P

Loudfer and Softer

Louder and Softer My system befor today kept getting louder and softer while i drove down the road...i thought it might be the battery or alternater but even when the car was floored and when it was at a stop it would go from loud to soft. Anyone know what it is? Could it be a bad ground...too...
  10. P

New Infinity Perfect 12d

should i get adifferent sub or would that one work okay? I am hoping to get another one soon...should i just return that one and get a totally differentr one?! What would work good with the amp? Or should i return the amp and get a different sub? Any type of advice woulld be good ;) thanx for...
  11. P

New Infinity Perfect 12d

wire in a series and not parallel? why is that? and is there any perminent damage? i only used it for like 10 min b4 noticing the smell and turning it off.
  12. P

New Infinity Perfect 12d

I just installed infinity perfectys 12d sub (one) powered by a JBL 1200.1 amp. It was running good and then it started to smell like burning rubber...I turned it off but i need to know what could be cuasing this horrible smell and what kinda damage could have been done to the new sub and amp!
  13. P

Front Right Speaker Problem

I am about 99% sure you have a factory amp. I have a 98 without a sub and it had the factory amp. I would look at the factroy amp and see if everything is pluged in good. I dont know why it wouldnt be but if that is ur problem then you didnt have to spend any money fixing it. Hope you fix it!
  14. P

Pioneer Primer DEH-P8400MP

Okay thanx alot for the input...good to know im not the only one!!!
  15. P

Pioneer Primer DEH-P8400MP

i have this head unit and every time i take out the CD the disk is quite warm. I found this alittle strange but didnt think to much about it...until i was reading old post that talked about them overheating and possibly catching fire to my dash...does anyone know anything about this?! or if i...
  16. P

6x9 Rear door speakers

Stock both front and back speakers are 6x8
  17. P

Speakers...Major Problems!!!!

Do either of you have a picture of what the finished thing looks like...I have an idea but i wanna compare to what it really looks like. Thanx a bunch for responding!
  18. P

What do you guys think of putting in component speakers in front and how you would go about doing that. Thanx!
  19. P

I dont know how you would get a nut to stay behind it. The metal that you screw into is stripped and there is no way that i see that you can put a nut in and make sure it stays. Hope that helps!
  20. P

Hey i have a problem with my front speakers...my front passanger speaker is stripped. So it comes loose every time i try to put it in. I am trying to think of some ways to fix it. One that i figured out was to make a custom pod for a smaller component speaker and a tweeder but i dont know if...
  21. P

JBL 80.4 Amp

How hard was that install? how did you do it? and got any pictures that could help me?
  22. P

JBL 80.4 Amp

The reason i dont put it in the passanger panel is because i tried it there and it wasnt very stable and it bent the metal out. I gave up on that and was seeing what other places I could install at.
  23. P

JBL 80.4 Amp

It is 12x9 inches. Thanx for the reply!
  24. P

JBL 80.4 Amp

Hey i have a 80.4 JBL Amp that i want to stealth instal somewhere other then the passanger rear panel. Anyone know of a good spot? Would it fit somewhere out of the way? And does anyone have any pictures of what they did?!? Thanx
  25. P

How to make a Sub box

How do i make sure that i have the right internal volume? it says i need 0.60 ft cubed (16.99 liters). how longs do the sides need to be or how can i figure out how long they can be? I havent looked on those web pages yet so i might have the answer there.
Back