Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

Lifting just the rear?

I used the monroe coil over shocks and gained a full 2" of lift,it has been 4 months now and still same height. I didnt even have sag before i added shocks. I added 1" of TT but this is pic before I did TT
  2. 8

bad mpg around town but fine on hwy

I get almost the same in the Mounty, my work commute is half backroads with alot of hills and the other half is alot of lights and 2 big hills. I average 12-13.5 between fill ups. On the short highway trips I have taken since owning this truck I have seen like you an average of about 20-22mpg.
  3. 8

15 or 16 inch wheels?

As far as rubbing go I guess it all depends on the truck, my mounty has no rubbing at all but those same tires has some rub on lock with my 01 sport with 1.5 TT and shackles. All I have done to the Mountaineer as far as lift goes is add monroe load leveling shocks,but they lifted my rear a full...
  4. 8

Post hurricane sandy clean up prep........

here in MD we just had alot of power outage around my area....I didnt have power for 3 days, of flooding in my area and a few trees down. thats a cool winch you made there
  5. 8

15 or 16 inch wheels?

If your looking for a 31" you could always go with the 265/70r16.....it's the exact same size as a 31x10.5 here is a few pics of my mounty with them
  6. 8

Possible Project Truck

After I bought my 2000 mountaineer I found out it was from PA, which was hard to believe because there was no rust under the truck. My 01 sport has alot more rust under her then the mounty.
  7. 8

Possible Project Truck

well that definitely sounds like a premier, but when i got mine the research I found said it was only made in spruce green....but then again you can't always believe everything you read on the net. So you looked at it today correct, how was it?
  8. 8

Possible Project Truck

that sounds like a good deal...but are you sure it is a premier because I was under the impression that when premier was built in 2000 it was only available in spruce green.
  9. 8

4WD or AWD: which would you rather have in a foot of snow?

yeah I get about the same...13 city and about 22 on highway on the mounty and around 16-17 city and 24-25 highway with my sport
  10. 8

Whats a good replacement Shock?

I just replaced my rear shocks with the Monroe 58617's and it lifted my rear a full 2" and it firmed up the ride before and after pics
  11. 8

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

my 01 sport has 165k and my 00 mounty has 121k
  12. 8

Helper Springs Cure Sagging Rear End?

The shackles he has are the Warrior 153's
  13. 8

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

Hey guys whats up....how far is the area you go from Balto?
  14. 8

Hey guys how many miles are you getting on a full tank?

I get about 285 from my sport with the 16 gallon tank and about 260 with the mounty and it's 21 gallon tank, with varied driving. I have seen as low as 14mpg city with the sport and 25 highway on a trip to Tenn. were I got about 390miles out of a fill up. The mounty does around 12-13 city and...
  15. 8

Show Off Your MOUNTY!

Here are a few of my new MOUNTY and one from the first day I got home with the Mounty with my Sport
  16. 8

My 1996 Black Bauer Build Thread

I have the same head unit....just pulled it from my explorer and installed in my Mounty. I have always preferred alpine head units over other brands, they just seem to sound better to me .
  17. 8

High Output Alternator Recommendations

not sure what your looking for in regards to your Mark VII, but check out PA Performance, they have a 130 amp and 200 amp kit for your car that has a lifetime warranty. I had one on my MArk VII and when it went bad all i had to do was pay for shipping and they repaired it and returned it to me...
  18. 8

Good deal or not?

I actually ended up paying $3200 fir the mounty. here are a few pics i took on my phone. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/88lsc/IMAG0275.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/88lsc/IMAG0273.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/88lsc/IMAG0274.jpg and one with the mounty and...
  19. 8

Good deal or not?

see the problem is craigslist you never know what your going to look at, I saw 2 on there for $2800. a 2000 mounty with 150k and a 2000 eddiebower explorer with 124k. I drove to va to check them out and they both had several problems. the ex had check engine light on,rear passengers side door...
  20. 8

Good deal or not?

Just picked up my new toy .....forgot how much of a difference in ride quality from a mountaineer and my sport. lol
  21. 8

Good deal or not?

well i know the front lower ball joints were replaced for inspection, and I was able to talk him down to $3200, but thats as low as he will go
  22. 8

Good deal or not?

no rust at all,and the truck is already MD state inspected. I was just thinking it was a good deal because most of the V8 AWD's I find all have between 190 and 220,000 miles on them
  23. 8

Good deal or not?

hey guys just wanted your opinion on a new purchase I am about to make. I have a chance to buy a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer premier for $3500. The truck has the v8 awd, 120k on the dash and everything works inside. only think i can find wrong with it is the drivers side seat has a small tear from...
  24. 8

Sring 2010 Meet and Greet

when do you plan on having the meet n greet? as long as I am free I will come out
  25. 8

Carlisle All Ford Nat's! Jun 4-6, 2010

Iwill try to make it up again this year also...just not sure if I will be driving the ex or my mustang yet
Back