Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rhyno

short in windows

It is likely not a short, but a broken wire/wires that are making connection when you wiggle the tube. Same thing happened to my 2002. I has to move the black wire loom and find the broken wire and then run a patch wire. Pretty easy fix. Didn't need to remove the door panel or anything. It...
  2. rhyno

My Sport Trac on 24's

I dont know if you are looking for comments as to how we think it looks so i will be gentle. I would suggest lowering a few inches or getting tires with a higher profile.
  3. rhyno

HELP!! Transfer case stuck in 4wd high

Same thing happened to my old truck. Bang the heck out of it (Tcase) with a hammer and that worked for me a few times to get it unstuck. After that i just removed the front drive shaft and drove it in 2wd until i sold it. Good luck.
  4. rhyno

Flashing O/D Off Light

Hope for the best but certainly get it checked out. When mine started flashing, the tranny gave up shortly thereafter.
  5. rhyno

Remote start help.

You can also get away without using the module by cutting the key part off of the programmed key and simply placing the head of the key (the black plastic part with the microchip) into the steering column above the ignition. Works fine and a theif cant use a hidden key to start your truck...
  6. rhyno

Dimensions of 2002 Explorer with folding seats down?

I can take the measurements when i got home from work in a few hours if you dont have a response by then.....
  7. rhyno

I need help doing the torsion twist.

You need to tighten the bolts to get lift, but i doubt you are going to fit those tires without rubbing. Depends how much lift you get, every truck is different. Its easier if you jack the truck up a bit so all of the weight is not on the torsion bars when you try to tighten the bolts.
  8. rhyno

Best Trail Report Ever!!!

The link below is a different kind of 'trail report' than 99.9% of us have ever experienced, or even read about. It makes any other 4x4 weekend look like a walk in the park. The guy who wrote it is freaking Indiana Jones. No winch. No guns. Open Diff. CRAZY!!! Sorry if its a repost...
  9. rhyno

Did The Dealer Try To Sell You Any "Last Minute" Extras?

Remember that the price of Extended Service Plans are negotiable! I bought one on my first explorer and paid three hundred less than than they wanted to sell it for. If they wont negotiate, there are other companies besides the dealership where you can purchase them.
  10. rhyno

Turn the Key and......Nothing

I had the exact thing happen to me a few times this winter. Mine only happened when it was cold, like around 20 degrees. As the day warmed up and the temp went up by about 5 degrees, it started right up. Never happened when it wasnt 20 or below.
  11. rhyno

Concern over 1st production year of new design

If you had to choose between a 2002 and a 2004 and they were the same mileage, condition, and price, then yes i agree i would go with the 2004. But if a prospective buyer finds a great deal on a 2002 i wouldnt try to convince them not to buy it. Thats all i was saying. ;)
  12. rhyno

Concern over 1st production year of new design

And again a crapshoot, because my 2002 like many others never had that issue. There are issues with every year, you just never know.
  13. rhyno

Remove front driveshaft on AWD Mountaineer

It is still sealed after the shaft is removed, and no it will not leak. (unless you have other issues that would cause it to leak)
  14. rhyno

Eddie bauer with out running board

Are you asking if you could swap running boards for regular tupperwear from an eddie without the running boards? I think the holes are the same, but not 100% sure. Mine just has them removed and the holes plugged up.
  15. rhyno

If you put that type of tupperwear, they wouldnt match the fender flairs. If you remove the flairs, you have a bunch of holes in your fender to deal with. If you dont like the flairs or the running boards, might be more trouble than it is worth to pick up an Eddie. Some EB's were built...
  16. rhyno

Not the best pics but i think this is what you are looking for.
  17. rhyno

Get a 4.7-inch Magellan GPS for $69.99

They are still available as i just purchased one. I had a similar but smaller Magellan in the past. They work great. Thanks for the heads-up.
  18. rhyno

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
  19. rhyno

remote car starter for 01 V8 exlporer need advice/help

Installing is not hard overall. It was the getting around the PATS device that was difficult for me when i installed mine. Sorry its been years since i did it, so i dont have any recomendations for you as to brand or type.
  20. rhyno

Cost to replace shocks(maybe) at a dealership?

Yep, same thing on my explorer. It tends to get worse as the weather starts to turn cooler. Grease those rubber bushings underneath the front end. That worked for me.
  21. rhyno

How to paint stock wheels?

Just clean them up real nice and make sure there is no remaining dirt or oil and spraypaint them. Do two or three thin coats. Easy as pie, and easy to touch up when you need to. Thats what i did on my old explorer.
  22. rhyno

New Transmission, now what?

It can be repaired, but i was told it would just about equal the cost of a remanufactured one. I may be gullable but i believe them. It is one of the more reputable shops around, and they have been family friends for 10 years. It probably didnt help the tranny any that when it started to go...
  23. rhyno

New Transmission, now what?

Ok not new but remanufactured. Anyways, my 2002 has 120k on it, and i am looking at a bill of around 3 grand. I figure my options are... 1. Dont fix and junk it. (not a good option as the truck is in very good condition) 2. Fix and continue to drive it. 3. Fix and sell it while it...
  24. rhyno

Take a look at my tint

I found 35% mirror tint to be the best match for me.
  25. rhyno

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

"Looks like a minivan" , "will never go offroad", ugly, "end of the road for the explorer", etc...... Sounds so familiar http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29987&highlight :p:
Back