Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

audiobahn tv question

prices on that site are a bit high...try ebay
  2. D

explorer roll pan FOUND!!!!!!

only reason i said that was because here in central florida we are the low speed rearending capital of the world it seems.
  3. D

SMELLING ANTIFREEZE

great thanks guys.....i did the replacing of the gaskets at least 6 weeks ago. so i'm sure they're can't be much residue if any left down there. i'll check it out tomorrow
  4. D

SMELLING ANTIFREEZE

well ever since i changed my lower/upper intake manifold gaskets when the truck is warming up to normal running temp i smell antifreeze. in addition to the gaskets i replaced the heater hose. i don't know where the smell is coming from but i don't appear to be leaking any fluids. all...
  5. D

Joining the 6 digit club!!!

nope no one has backed into me. but i've only smelled antifreeze since i did my lower and upper intake manifold gaskets
  6. D

explorer roll pan FOUND!!!!!!

with that bumper pushed in what happens if he gets rear ended? look good though.
  7. D

KKM Performance Intake

well i don't know if you have a job or not...but fi you do just save up. it's worth it. by doing all the mods listed below in my sig i went from around 290-300 miles per tank around town to about 330-340. and power difference will impress you. make it a priority and you'll be surprised how...
  8. D

KKM Performance Intake

not really. it should take the shop about an hour to do. they'll just remove your old exhaust system at the catalytic converter and run new pipe to the new muffler then pipe back from the new muffler to the rear of the vehicle. sorry i don't have any pics but i have a link to what my exhaust...
  9. D

KKM Performance Intake

well for dual tips most likely you'll have to remove the spare and put it in the cargo bay. or at least that's what happened to me. but i have dual stainless 3" tips on mine...looks and sounds great. cost me about 320
  10. D

KKM Performance Intake

well in that case get a flowmaster 40 single in dual out exhaust or you could even get dual flowmaster 40's. that is a two chamber muffler with least amount of restriction. for the single in dual out muffler i think it's a 2.5" pipe coming into the muffler and dual 2.25" pipes coming out...
  11. D

KKM Performance Intake

depends....what kind of sound are you looking for? do you mind resonance inside the cab?
  12. D

Joining the 6 digit club!!!

179,300 here....runs strong as ever. But for some reason when it's warming up to normal running temperature i smell antifreeze, any thoughts?
  13. D

KKM Performance Intake

anywhere from 250-350 depending on local shops. make sure you get it welded together though. don't worry bout the intake in my opinion. my biggest gains came from cat back exhaust and the chip!
  14. D

Pics of the New Grill Guard

wuss! but seriously it looks nice man
  15. D

What'd Santa bring everyone???

i got: 1. Cash from both sets of grandparents 2. New Motorola Cell Phone 3. Chocolate from parents and my boss 4. My parents had me custom fitted for a new suit from Jos. A. Bank Clothier 5. 2 ties from Jos. A. Banks 6. socks from Jos. A. Banks 7. 2 dress shirts from Jos. A. Banks 8. 1...
  16. D

What'd Santa bring everyone???

what the two grand in cash was just a little present? damn i need to marry into your family
  17. D

air bag

did you get a ticket and did they label you "at fault?"
  18. D

What brand/size throttle body?

don't even worry about the throttle body changing...take that 200 bucks and invest in a chip, that is where a good amount of your power will come from
  19. D

system of a down: steal this album, info needed.

if you want the order of the songs...go to bestbuy.com and look for their cds their. then "preview" it off of Kazaa
  20. D

dumb newbie ques...but still reply

pioneer makes speakers that are fit for the fords. the 5x7 pioneers will work great for ya! i have 2 sets of them in my X. i would suggest 3ways up front and the 250 watt 2ways for the rear. they're pretty cheap to and you can install them yourself in a little over an hour. good luck.
  21. D

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

oh ok.... i just wondered i guess cause i have a sort of skewed view of those cars cause i can't fit in em comfortably
  22. D

Cone Filter Conversion Part Needed?

they sell adapter like that MAF adapter at Home Depot in the electrical section i believe...it's a 3" opening too. check those out
  23. D

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

i'm gonna drop in on this one....an aftermarket exhaust does yield better mpg and better power for towing. i just put almost 1300lbs of marble tile in my cargo area and drove it home 25 or so miles. the explorer handled it very well (i have the OHV V6) and even did well getting it up my 45...
  24. D

Is this normal?

perhaps just pushing the pedal down 80-90% might yield better results...also it could depend on your the gear ratio in your differential. as far as the guage...you could have broken gauge, messed up thermostat or short in wire somewhere.
  25. D

Check Oil Light

that's not just a leak that's like a damn hole!
Back