Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

I have a problem Sounds like Popcorn

did you put your plug wires back on in the correct order? i know ive done that once or twice
  2. N

I got Stuck in a puddle

oo we made it threw on the second try but then it took about 2 hours to get back across cause we rutted it up pretty good haha no no winch but tow straps worked haha they are kc daylighters with black housings they were kinda price like 160 or something
  3. N

I got Stuck in a puddle

it was mint had a good time
  4. N

I got Stuck in a puddle

so yesturday went out explorering some new trails found nice little mud pit and got stuck, pictures pretty much speak for them selves. Front axle completely under mud nice thick stuff too. sas didnt help to much here.
  5. N

rocker guards/rock sliders

ooo atown what
  6. N

NEX: Wheeling and Club Announcements (subscribe here to stay informed)

lets get something going again in northern ma southern nh just finished the sas and gears i need go out
  7. N

NEED LIFT INFO 97 Ranger 4x4

well you have a few options. 1:body lift cheap (around 100 bucks)gains clearence for bigger tires. you could do coil spacers or f150 coils either will give you about 1.5 up front and the rear you could do shackles or blocks the more common choice is shackles coil spacers are probably the...
  8. N

Lifted Truck Friendly Inspection Station

who did you talk to in townsend that said they could hold the truck, because the only shop in townsed i know of that does state inspections is ford. I work at chevy in pepperell and never heard of this and the class i took never mentioned anything about vehicles being with held G&M automotive...
  9. N

4x4 makes sweet noise

to check the fluid you have to take fill plug out. (it is on the rear of the t case) i believe stick like a q tip or something in the whole ideally the fluid should be like a rose pinkish color but the fluid level should be about even with or just below the bottom of that fill plug hole. it...
  10. N

4x4 makes sweet noise

t case fluid easy change 10 15 min job just mercron atf fluid like right around 2 quarts but dont quote me on the amount but pretty much the exact oppisite of what you have it feels and sounds like its right below me i was think maybe the double cardon is junk but i havent had a chance to really...
  11. N

4x4 makes sweet noise

So im driving in the 12 or so inches of snow we got yesturday and turn on good old 4 wheel drive but low and behold a whining noise. Its only when you let off the gas and coast, on the gas no noise, and as soon a i turn off the 4x4 no more noise. Just did the wheel bearings 3 days ago so i know...
  12. N

A couple vid's i found...

howd the white one get in that situation:scratch:
  13. N

my truck runs great thread,,

94 ranger stx ohv 122 runs like a top
  14. N

Transfer case HELP ASAP

I have a 96 ford explorer xlt with twist nob next to the radio. When i put the truck in 4 wheel drive and start to move there is a loud constint popping sound almost like stripped splines in the hub.I checked both hubs and axles everything is okay, and i tried the troubleshooting guide to no...
  15. N

NO tail lights HELP!!!

So last night plugged my trailer lights into my 1996 ford explorer 4.0(non-eddie bauer) and bam no more tail lights. Turns, reverse, and brake lights still work but no rear running lights. I checked all the fuses and relays, all are good. Another thing i noticed was that there is no more chime...
Back