Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

tmclaugh, Sorry I can't help you there. I'm not that oriented toward electronics repair. Since this thread is getting a little "age" on it, you might consider starting a new one to attract someone who "knows what he's doing" in the electronics field. Good luck.
  2. A

It worked! Although I couldn't find a replacement 510 resistor that was the same type as the origional (I believe that one is "film"?), I was able to use a 510 ceramic instead. I knew I would not be able to solder it myself...and have it come out right, that is...so I had a friend do it for...
  3. A

Thanks for the input, Daffy. No need for a photo. I used a magnifying glass and rubbed my finger over the pad and, yes, there definately was something soldered there before. I was "hands and knees" with a spotlight in all the areas I thought the missing resistor could have fallen out but, no...
  4. A

Replacement 510 resistor Daffy, If there were two 510 resistors side by side, then the heat must have melted the solder on both ends of one of them allowing the resistor to fall off the circut board. If that is the case, I probably lost it when removing the board from the console. Does that...
  5. A

Non-Sunroof Models Thallarsen, Thank you for this fix. I have a '99 XLT AWD 5.0 with this problem. I pulled the circut board and immediately noticed that I only had 1-510 resistor. Although it does look as if there may be evidence that the solder failed on both ends of the missing resistor, I...
  6. A

Happy to be aboard but, which way's North?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do just that.
  7. A

Happy to be aboard but, which way's North?

Hello! My name is ArtJ and I'm from Golden, Colorado. I'm not exactly a youngster, my family drove Ford products for many years. I mean, after Dad came home from the Pacific after WWII and bought a surplus Dodge Navy Staff Car. He started in '53 with a Seafoam Green Ford sedan and got new...
Back