Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mbrooks420

RV Update / Upgrade Thread

Sounding like you’re working through all the hiccups nicely.
  2. Mbrooks420

TDC Balancer timing mark due south??!!! Opinions!!!

I think he’s referring to the keyway
  3. Mbrooks420

Well this Sucks!

The sensor doesn’t wear, it’s non contact. Usually the rotor on the drive wears and it eats the sensor apart. If it’s failed it should light the check engine light.
  4. Mbrooks420

Right camshaft

I hope you bend all your valves.
  5. Mbrooks420

Aftermarket head unit, how to hook up stock amp and sub???

I’d consider a cheap aftermarket amp. You can likely power it with the factory wiring and just add a single RCA.
  6. Mbrooks420

Too much oil. Now?

I’d drain an oil filters worth, and recheck.
  7. Mbrooks420

Trans problems I think?

What happens if you put it in manual 2? Does it move?
  8. Mbrooks420

Why is my front driveshaft CV joint smoking?

I never considered factory with how expensive the aftermarket stuff is. If they’re available I’ll grab one to hang on the wall for next time.
  9. Mbrooks420

Why is my front driveshaft CV joint smoking?

The last “rebuilt” shaft I purchased was almost $400 and lasted under 20k. Currently rocking a local mom and pop rebuilt. They welded new splines to the shaft, and installed a new spicer CV. I think it was about $350 for the joint, and shaft repair.
  10. Mbrooks420

Learning the 2001 Explorer Sport

Yes,‘it’s obviously part of the GEM AS DENOTED BY THE DASHED LINE.
  11. Mbrooks420

Learning the 2001 Explorer Sport

The dotted line denotes its part of an assembly, as mentioned. You’ve spread plenty of incorrect information to be trying to call someone else out, don’t you think?
  12. Mbrooks420

Can't find speedometer cable on the firewall

Pretty sure these use Hall effect sensors?
  13. Mbrooks420

Upsizing fuse

Your alternator is fine. Doing an audio “big three” upgrade is worth the little extra juice you’ll get, but it’s very doubtful you NEED it.
  14. Mbrooks420

Unusual fuel filter/line? Mr. Lube in Canada won't touch it.

Looks like the standard locking fittings to me. Usually a hack will cut the lines and clamp them with rubber.
  15. Mbrooks420

RV Update / Upgrade Thread

https://www.roxtec.com/us/ Has very high end cable gland/guide solutions. I’ll check work later, I might have one or two laying around.
  16. Mbrooks420

Explorer won't start even when boosted

That’s gotta be a $400 typo.
  17. Mbrooks420

Explorer won't start even when boosted

If the chip malfunctioned the theft light would flash rapidly when trying to start it.
  18. Mbrooks420

08 Mountaineer unstable steering when driving please help!

Sounds like you’ve got air in the power steering from moving the steering with the engine off. Start it and turn the wheel lock to lock several times.
  19. Mbrooks420

Ev build

I wanted to build one of these out of a long track tunnel.
  20. Mbrooks420

Need advice. Rigs broke.

If you’ve got screw extractors broken off, there will be no drilling them without an expensive carbide bit. The extractor is way harder than typical drill rod. The one weakness is they’re brittle. I’ve had luck removing screw extractors with an air chisel and shattering them. You don’t...
  21. Mbrooks420

Upgrade to High Output Alternator?

Unless you have a TON of lights, a HUGE winch or over 2000 watts the factory 130 is fine.
  22. Mbrooks420

S.O.S!!! 5r55s "CLUNK" lost 3rd gear!?!?!? Long way from home

Sounds likely you broke your 2nd gear band. Very common. Drop the pan, and the broken strut will probably be in there.
  23. Mbrooks420

2 Door Rear Speaker Removal Help

It all comes down to budget. I’d probably put the amp under the rear seats, or do a mini amp, and put it behind/under the dash. Why do you want to upgrade the rears first?
  24. Mbrooks420

Is this my power steering pump?

If you’re idling high you likely disturbed a vacuum line or something while you were in there. If the pump is just noisy I’d swap out the fluid. It’ll probably quiet down.
  25. Mbrooks420

How to: Wire in Factory Sub to Aftermarket Stereo

You’ve clearly got the wrong wires.
Back