Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Fixed my Explorer and Mountianeer issues

I need to explain the Explorer in the thread title, I owned an 06 Explorer at one time too, also with the same problems as the Mountaineer.
  2. B

Fixed my Explorer and Mountianeer issues

I finally took care of the 06 Mountaineer problems I had...I bought a Flex. Seriously, I got tired of the tranny problems, raditor, wheel bearings, nickel and dime here and there for a vehicle of less than 80,000 miles on it. As for the Flex, awesome so far and enjoying the 3.5L 263hp V6...
  3. B

Transmission jolt when shifting into reverse

My Mountaineer is back in the shop, buzzing noise when started, goes away after warm up. Only makes the noise when the temps outside cool down. Dealer is replacing the torque converter, a pump and a part associated with the OD. Thank goodness again for the 100K warranty.
  4. B

Removing Cross Bars From Roof Rack

I had to remove the end caps on the rails and slide them out that way. I added them to the wifes Explorer that didn't come with them.
  5. B

Transmission jolt when shifting into reverse

My Mountaineer did this at 41k miles, there was a solenoid bad in the tranny, Ford did a rebuild. Been working great ever since. Would have run me $1500.00 if not for my 100k mile powertrain warranty.
  6. B

Puddle lights on side view mirrors

On my 05 Explorer, the lenses were removable, just be easy with it and the bulb was a 902 or similar. I didn't have a 902 so I just put in a 194 for teh time being, it owrked fine. The led bulbs you have should fit as long as the wedge is the same size, as you know the led's will only light...
  7. B

2006 Rear A/C not getting cold

I am having this same problem, I am going to check the blend door. My line has stayed cold, so I am hoping the expansion valve is ok. These two items seem to fail the most from what I have found.
  8. B

2006 Explorer Xlt

My Mountaineer makes the loud clutch fan noise as well, radiator was replaced last summer. Been really hot in Dallas all summer and this ties in with the noise on acceleration, should go away when it cools off outside. Running at normal temperature. My a/c control module was bad on my truck...
  9. B

Want to share my failure with everyone

This may be posted elsewhere, but if not, here you go. Back in April I jumped in my 06 Mountaineer, (automatic climate control) started the truck and the blower was running full blast, through the defrost. Tried and tried, could not turn the system down or off. I could redirect the air flow...
  10. B

06 Mountaineer Rear Air Blowing Hot

Hey everyone, I have an 06 Mountaineer and until June of this year the rear air/ceiling air has been working fine. Now it only blows warm to hot air. I felt the lines behind the left rear wheel and the one is ice cold and the others are warm to hot, as I believe all these should be. In my...
  11. B

Message center symbol, help indentify

I called my Ford guy, he doesn't know. If I had to descirbe this symbol, it looks like a right leaning semi colon? Maybe?
  12. B

I just looked at pages 10 & 11 in my manual, the symbols are there but the one I saw isn't in there. The trucks are the same though. I had an 06 Explorer and got rid of it. Fixing the Mountaineers problems cost me enough already.
  13. B

Not in the manual anywhere, that is the first thing I checked.
  14. B

Stayed green, that I do know. Red would have caught my attention for sure. If it does it again, I'll get a pic and post it. I may also try and light it up with a bright light to see if there is an outline there and what it looks like.
  15. B

It is very small, really hard to tell. Honestly I cannot even describe it. It is definitely a character with some meaning though. When I first saw it I thought it was a spot gone bad on the display, but when it cleared until this morning, I knew it had to be something else. I wish I would...
  16. B

Hey everyone. I have an 06 Mountaineer, except for the tranny rebuild, new radiator, shifter recall fix and a new battery it has been a good truck. Anyway, recently I have noticed something that has happened twice now, on the message center display, I look at it and notice a very little icon...
  17. B

Engine coolant

I just had my radiator replaced at 61,000 miles on my 2006 Mountaineer and if you haven't yet, count yourself lucky. Anyway, I took it to a very well known and respected local shop instead of Ford because I wanted a quality part reinstalled, not another pos and the price. I noticed the...
  18. B

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I am going to do the front ones on my 2006 Explorer. It looks like this initail thread post was done on a four wheel drive, which mine is not. The later pics are more like mine. It looks like a straight forward job. I can see where having to work around an axle shaft would be a pain. Glad I...
  19. B

2006 Explorer Front Wheel Bearing

Hey everyone...saw a picture of the 2011 Explorer this morning, pretty sharp...anyway why I really am posting...I drove the wife's Explorer Saturday and noticed a slight, low volume hum from the front end that did not vary with road surface change. I have not noticed this before and I do not...
  20. B

Aftermarket headrest DVD players

Before I dive into installing a set of aftermarket headrest DVD players into the front seats, anyone done this? Any tips and tricks? I have pulled the old headrests, pretty simple. I pretty sure there are airbags in the seats(little label says airbag) and I have seen a set of these...
  21. B

Explorer/Mountaineer rear windows

The wifes motors were "replaced" as well according to the work ticket. She told me this morning they are not working...again. Sounds like I need to look more at the mechanisms.
  22. B

Stock 6-disc changer problem

I hate that I posted that again, I didn't read back far enough. Mine has been great so far. I am fixing to add a different aux input that takes an HD radio module, not just audio. Right now I am using an external HD radio module and there is no dash space for anything extra. All the new...
  23. B

I will post an update after I have had a chance to see if this works. I am using an actual silicone spray, not a dry spray, one that actually leaves a slick film. Neither of ours worked, I had to push the switch and hit the interior trim panel at the same time and they started working. Could...
  24. B

Stock 6-disc changer problem

Anyone else have a problem with the Explorer stock 6-disc in dash player cycling through the cd's at random, just driving down the road? Plays, loads and ejects cd's just fine, just from time to time cycles through the discs, loaded or empty. Thank you!
  25. B

Both the wife's Explorer and my Mountaineer, 2006 models have the same problem, sticking rear windows, won't roll down. After having the wifes checked under warranty, they started doing it again after a couple of months. I asked the dealer about it and they said to spray the window channels...
Back