Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Bleeding Brakes

I was going to pressure bleed my brakes. For anyone who ever done this before, do you know what psi I should pressure bleed the brakes? Thanks
  2. A

Quick Hella 4000 question...

Here is a pic of the hella 4000s HID. They are pretty heavy so I had to reinforce the surface they are mounted to with a 1/8" steel plate so they don't vibrate when I hit a bump. As for mounting them upside, I'm not sure if you are getting the HID or the halogen 4000s. But it looks pretty hard...
  3. A

Rear Wiper not working

Thanks for the suggestions. I got it to work after slamming the rear glass a few time:fire:
  4. A

O/D OFF light FLASHING What the ?

After I got a tranny flush and filter change from the dealer my O/D off light started blinking about 50 miles of driving. I brought it back to them and was like WTF you guys do. They said I needed a tranny rebuild so it was covered under extended warranty. Hopefully your's doesn't need the...
  5. A

Rear Wiper not working

My rear wiper stop working. It doesn't go up or down anymore, but it still shoots out wiper fluid. I check the fuse and it looked fine, I also slammed the rear glass like other posts suggested but no fix. Any suggestions? Thanks
  6. A

O/D off light blinking

I Just got my 60000 mile service 3 days ago at the Ford dealer and they did a tranny fluid and filter change and transfer case fluid chage too. I was driving on the highway today and the O/D off light started to blink on the dash. My tranny drives normal and doesn't slip and the O/D works too...
  7. A

Remote Starter?

Did anyone ever have a problem with their remote starter in a aftermarket alarm? I was looking into getting a Clifford or Viper alarm with a remote starter and was wondering if anyone encountered any problems with the remote starter.
  8. A

A/C Cycling every 4 sec?

My a/c cycles every 4 secs when I'm at idle and throws out somewhat cool air but throws out cold air when I'm moving. Do you think its time for a recharge?
  9. A

Will these fit my X?

Thanks for the info. They were on ebay for $530 with tires.
  10. A

Will these fit my X?

I think these are from a 2002 Explorer. Will these fit on my 98 Explorer Sport. I think these a 16". What size tire would I use with these? Thanks Dead Link Removed
  11. A

Does anyone have nonFactory side mirrors?

FrankRizzo Those mirrors look great. WHere did you get them?
  12. A

Thinking about a carbon fiber dash kit?

looks good, thanks for posting the pic
  13. A

Thinking about a carbon fiber dash kit?

Carbon fiber dash kit I was thinking about getting a molded carbon fiber dash kit from www.exoticwooddash.com. Before I purchased it I was wondering if anyone has a carbon fiber dash kit and could post pics of how it looks? Another question, does anyone have any problems with the dash kit...
  14. A

New style TYC Alteeza pics

Looks good. How are they in the rain? Do they fog up like the Altezzas?
  15. A

Transmission Fluid and Filter Change

I was wondering when should I replace the Tranny fluid and filter? I have around 54000 miles and never changed the fluid or filter. Is it necessary to change these things if I have no problems with my tranny? Thanks
  16. A

Humming from FIPK filter

Thanks, I installed it already and haven't heard any humming yet. I need to drive it around to make sure the noise won't come back.
  17. A

Humming from FIPK filter

I bought an IAC valve today and I'm going to replace it. I had a question about the IAC valve, there is a little black knob on it. Does the black knob adjust the idle?
  18. A

Humming from FIPK filter

I have a loud humming noise coming from the filter of my K&N FIPK which I installed less then a week ago. After reading other threads I think it my be the IAC valve, but before I replaced it I was wondering would a bad IAC cause wierd idle or will it just cause that annoying high pitched humming...
  19. A

High pitched humming sound.

I just dropped in a K&N FIPK and noticed a high pitched humming noise coming from the filter when I'm at idle. After reading this thread I think it may be the IAC. I never changed my IAC valve, but I only have 53,000. Aother thing is when I'm on the highway (about 55mph) and I hit the gas I...
  20. A

HID Conversion Kit Installed on 98 Sport

There is a little glare but not bad enough that it will cause other drivers to flash you. The beam pattern is the same as the 9007 bulbs but way brighter.
  21. A

Fixing the Broken Recliner Lever, By CBoug76

Thanks. I'm going to order the piece to keep it as a spare.
  22. A

Fixing the Broken Recliner Lever, By CBoug76

ok89 Would you know if its the same part number for my 98 sport w/ power drivers seat? My lever looks like its going to break soon:( What a stupid way to design a seat.
  23. A

SilverStar + APC Install

the turn signal lit up
  24. A

SilverStar + APC Install

Can you post a pic of the turn signal light?
  25. A

HID Conversion Kit Installed on 98 Sport

johnmcgarrah No mods had to be done to the light housing, they fit like the halogen 9007 bulb and uses the same retaining ring to hold the bulb in place. Here is a pic of both the headlights and hella hids. Dead Link Removed
Back