Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

timing chain's 4.0 sohc

I'm guessing AT LEAST $800-1200 minimum in USD here Stateside. That's why I decided to throw in the towel and Trade In my "Beautiful" 98 Eddie Bauer. I was REAL disappointed in it. :( :(
  2. K

Walmart Tires

I just priced some Liberators at Wally World yesterday and they clearly say Uniroyal on them now!! :eek:
  3. K

Walmart Tires !!!

4. K

Walmart Tires !!!

I just priced some Liberators at Wally World yesterday and they clearly say Uniroyal on them now!! :eek:
  5. K

SOHC Front Cam Tensioner Fix 00M12

The clatter on start up went away for a SHORT time after I replaced the front tensioner. I ended up trading my Ex off last week for a 2500 Ram P/U w/Cummin Diesel! :D I stopped by the Stealership earlier today and on the way out saw my old EX on the Used Car lot already!! I'm CERTAIN...
  6. K

Dilema...Do I Fix the Rear Timing Chain or Not ????

Found a FIX for my EX's engine noises!!!!!! I traded it in today on a Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram 4x4!!! :thumbsup: Now I REALLY have engine noises!! :D Only got $5500 for my low mileage (88k) 98 Eddie Bauer though.... :( It was in Excellant shape (sans the engine noises).
  7. K

It rattles up front (of the engine) on start up and between 2500-3000 RPMs. I've had the Tensioner replaced TWICE already and the noise keeps reappearing. It also just started what I call a "klink-klink-klink" noise (that is at the SAME RPM as the cams/timing chain). This "just" started...
  8. K

timing chain's 4.0 sohc

Can someone expand on this procedure ??
  9. K

Time to ask the experts...

EVERYONE calls them Stealerships! :confused: You're MOST likely to get hosed from a shop that has a HIGH overhead. :(
  10. K

My 98 EX (w/88k miles on it) "just" started getting a rattle at the rear of the engine. I'm guessing it's the rear tensioner. Now the dilema.... Do I fork out big bucks ($1-2,000) to get it repaired OR just live with the noise ??? What's the likely hood of catastrophic engine damage...
  11. K

SOHC Front Cam Tensioner Fix 00M12

NO!!! Mine has been replaced TWICE and it STILL rattles! :mad: I'm just gonna live with the friggin noise. :thumbdwn:
  12. K

Engine Sputtering

My Ex didn't throw ANY codes. :( I'm still searching for a vacuum leak somewhere ?? Anyone have tips to trace vacuum leaks ??
  13. K

Engine Sputtering

Mine is definately a misfire. Aldive suggests getting an OBD-II Scanner on it. (**NOTE** Not a OBD-II "reader"). A scanner will read the MIL and sensors during real time. Now I need find someone who can do this CHEAP! BTW, my EX is missing/stumbling at idle and below 1500 RPMs. It runs...
  14. K

97 SOHC Intermittent No start

Where is it located ?? Is it easy to get to ??
  15. K

Seafoam...Where to hook up on a 4.0 SOHC ??

My Ex is running like CRAP after I did the Seafoam thing. It developed an engine miss and the MPG dropped about 5 MPG. NO CEL, plugs are fairly new as well as the plug wires. What could be going on here ????
  16. K

Engine Sputtering

Mine just started doing the SAME damn thing. Mine started right after I ran Seafoam through it strangley enough ?? My MPG has dropped 6-7 MPGs. NO CEL or anything obvious like loose connections etc... The plugs are fairly new as well. Anyone have more suggestions for Big Dave...
  17. K

Seafoam...Where to hook up on a 4.0 SOHC ??

I need to clean up the intake and combustion chambers on my 4.0 SOHC. I hear Seafoam is the way to go and it needs hooked up to a vacuum source to work. Where can a find a suitable vacuum source to connect the can of Seafoam ??
  18. K

Does Acetone hurt O2 Sensors ??

Well, it's been over 500 miles since my PCM was reset from the CEL for the O2 sensor and it has NOT come back on. Also, my Highway Fuel Mileage is NOW OVER 23!! Actually 23.2 MPG!! This is on a 98 EX Eddie Bauer 4x2 with 4.0 SOHC, 4.10 gears and 255/70-16 Revos !! :thumbsup: :D
  19. K

Could be. :( Dunno for sure yet. I had the parts monkey reset the Code. So far it hasn't come back on yet (after 100 miles or so of driving). Now bout the Acetone. I've read up on it's use extensively and have YET to hear any REAL Negative effects on vehicles fuel systems (OR O2 Sensors...
  20. K

I understand that, but with a ratio of 2oz : 10 gallons I don't see how that's possible.
  21. K

My 98 EX w/4.0 and 85k miles just threw a Check Engine Light. Had the local parts monkey pull the code. Code 153 Up Stream O2 Sensor. Only thing that I've done different in the last month (other than new plugs/wires) is to add Acetone to the fuel. 2oz/10gallon. Ideas ??
  22. K

How to R&R Rear Axle Housing on a 98 ??

Thank you very much JDraper! :thumbsup:
  23. K

How to R&R Rear Axle Housing on a 98 ??

I'm getting set to R&R the Rear axle housing on my 98 4x2 Explorer. I need to find out how to remove the rear brake calipers/backing plates. I've heard the rear axles need to be removed to do this. Can someone please explain how this is done ?? TIA! ERIC
  24. K

GEM Module Reconfiguration (Computer Flashing)

What's a "fair" price to pay a Stealership to recalibrate the speedo for a 98 Ex ??
  25. K

http://www.gassavers.org/

http://www.gassavers.org/ :thumbsup:
Back