Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

A Source for Door Pull Handle?

I found a set off of ebay fairly cheap LINK HERE. This is the guy i got mine from. When the first one came, it had a small crack from shipping, he shipped another very fast. when you get it you just grind off the old tabs with a dremel and use the push tabs to install the new one. also if...
  2. N

Shock question need advice

If you have access to and are good with a welder, tighten the new mount to the arm, then tack the nut to the arm, then tack the threads to the nut. Keeps them from getting loose down the road.
  3. N

Head Gasket Advice

Ouch, sorry for your loss man.
  4. N

1994 Ford Ranger misfire and hesitation - really need help

Agree very much with wantdeath, Its an issue of delivery, seeing as you said you already replaced the fuel filter i would again suggest trying to record pressure under load. It could be the pump about to crap out, or the sock on the pump could be gumed up. Im sure that somone else will throw...
  5. N

A4LD Issue

When its warmed up, do you have to spool the engine up to get it go, or will it idle off of a stop?
  6. N

1994 Ford Ranger misfire and hesitation - really need help

You said that you checked the fuel pressure, I assume this was checked at idle? When you pulled the plugs to change them out, how did they look, was there any glazing or deposits. Was the insulator white, grey or black?? If you still have the fuel pressure gauge, see if you can rig it up so...
  7. N

Head Gasket Advice

yea, guess I missed the new Rad. in that case i would do a check to make sure that your water pump is working properly, and if that's the case, try the heater core. But again, i do strongly suggest the UV dye. Run with the dye for a little while, then bust out the black light (works best in...
  8. N

exhaust question on Navajo

If the headers are a larger size, you can get piping of any size at a decent parts store. Just rent the cutter and the expander, so you can cut the pipes to size, expand the cut end and join them together. The store should also have some angles. Do yourself a favor and look for a full U shape...
  9. N

Head Gasket Advice

If your getting great heat when it gives heat, then I'm not sure if its a heater core issue, but they are cheap enough to try it as a diagnostic. While your at the parts store, get some UV dye and put it into the rad, this will let you find the leak. Also, get some plugs at the minimum, wires...
  10. N

Head Gasket Advice

If you have access to a parts store, it might be worth it to get your hands on some UV dye and a black light. I had issue with coolant vanishing a while back in my wife's van. It drove me nuts for a while, poured the dye in and took it for a nice drive. Got back and took a cheap UV light from...
  11. N

Head Gasket Advice

Its sounding less and less like a cracked head or bad gasket set honestly. Are you sure your not leaking water from a freeze plug that has loosened up, a bad hose, a block heater working its way out or even a hole in the radiator? When you say the temp gauge and heater are all over the place...
  12. N

Head Gasket Advice

With the rad full, and the engine at idle (at or close to operating temp) do you see any bubbles coming up in the radiator, or do you smell exhaust in the rad?
  13. N

Head Gasket Advice

Brooklyn labor cost looks to be ~120 a hour or so. All data shows a head gasket replacement at 8.8 hours, replacing the heads (including loading new valves into new head) is 12.7 hours. If you have AC, its add 1 hour on each of them. So rough estimate would be Labor Only Gaskets only...
  14. N

Head Gasket Advice

Did you have good compression before you blew the gasket? Were you burning a lot of oil, or almost none? Using any antifreeze? If the engine was running good, and provided you did not run it hot for long, you would be ok doing the head gaskets. Its really not that hard to do, Just make sure...
  15. N

1992 explorer automatic 4x4 trans fluid

That would result in burned fluid, and Mercon/type F don't mix well. Just grab some Mercon, usually its cheaper at the store then the type F anymore
  16. N

just bought a 1993 ranger and have no power steering please help!

When you say you are leaking fluid, do you mean it is leaking fluid now? If so where is it leaking from? Is it a stream of fluid, or a slow leak, It could be a split or broken hose, or a loose/damaged connector. If you are leaking from the pressure side of the pump, that would cause a lack of...
  17. N

92 turn signal and wiring problem?

There are 2 in the vehicle, one for turn signals, the other for the hazards, Im trying to remember where exactly the hazard flasher is, I think its by the steering column. it looks exactly like the one in the fuse box.
  18. N

Its the flasher, located in the fuse box, only big round thing in there.
  19. N

2 things you can try then. 1. Swap the hazard and turn signal flasher, see if the turn signals now work, if so, then replace the flasher. Other option is to use a test lead to check to see if its the flasher or the wiring. Pull the flasher out of the fuse box, jumper it like shown in the...
  20. N

Engine running hot and no heat inside - Thermostat?

now the question becomes where did the gallon of coolant go?
  21. N

idle issues

sounds like a IAC, cracked hose, or bad intake gasket set. cracked hose can be a real PITA to find, one trick ive found works amazing, is grab a propane torch, turn the gas on low, but dont light it. move it over and around your hoses with the motor running. if/when you find the leak, the...
  22. N

power window relay trouble

quick sure fire way to test if its the one touch module, is jam a 25 amp ATC fuse into the 2 larger blade holes. This will bypass the module, and make your windows act like the one touch option was not installed. I've ran my 94 limited for almost 10 years like this. The cause of the problem...
  23. N

a picture of the white plug that you plugged in, and where you plugged it into may help.
  24. N

I found this

It Really just depends, after the guys on the assembly line were done at their station, this sheet became trash to them, so they would toss it into the trash, or into the vehicle. Common places for it is under the carpet up front, up above the headliner, Between the foam and springs on the...
  25. N

broken lower shock mount... ouch

I did my shocks back in October, and the mounts where so badly rusted up that i grabbed the angle grinder and cut them off (Side note, Even though the shocks are bad, DO NOT strike the shock tube with a turned on angle grinder, you will wear the oil), then replaced them with the repair kits...
Back