Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Whats faster: Manual or auto

I would say it somewhat depends on the driver but under normal circumstances a manual should be faster.
  2. J

Need a wire Diagram for EGR or help.

Ok. On a OBD-1 Trouble code I'm primarily getting these two codes. 327 EGR Valve Position or Exhaust Pressure Transducer below minimum voltage and 336 Exhaust Pressure high - exhaust pressure transducer circuit voltage higher than expected. Sometimes I also get 337 EGR valve position or...
  3. J

I appologize. The codes where P0326 and P0327 High and Low voltage Output from the EGR Sensor. Predominately its the P0327. I found a diagram in the Hayes manual. According to what I'm reading I should have 4 to 6 volts DC at the EGR Sensor connector. I don't. Only .10 volts DC. I have...
  4. J

Bump... Anyone??
  5. J

I keep getting codes 336 and 337 for my EGR. I have changed the vacum sensor, the solenoid, the hoses to the solenoid, and the actual valve and still no luck. The vacum lines seem to be intact and provide suction. I have a 95 Explorer XLT 4WD with OBD I. I am trying to find a decent wiring...
  6. J

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Well I'm going to pull it back out and give it a try. Since my last post it has quit working all together. So I got nothing to lose from trying. 4 What ford wants for a replacement I could go get a Garmin GPS or 2. Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:
  7. J

New "Fuel Cap" Light Problem

No but it seems to be the responce whenever a CEL is mentioned in chat. I suppose it could be modified to do so, but I was brought up calling them idiot lights anyways. Have you gotten your code read?
  8. J

A/C Stops working after about 30 min

It could be after the dealer charged the system that it bled out. When you recharge the system on any a/c I think its best to evacuate the system completly and put a vacume on the system for a minimum of 30 minutes. This helps release any trapped refrigerant and remove any moisture from the...
  9. J

New "Fuel Cap" Light Problem

I get annoyed with hearing "Check your gas cap" every time I get a check engine light. I have never found the gas cap to be the culprit for any of my CEL's. Go get the code read and it will tell you where your malfunction is. If you don't have a code reader, you can go to your local Auto zone...
  10. J

Intermittant Third Brake Light

I am going to try the local junk yards and see if I don't fare a little better. If not an led swap sounds like a good idea. Thanks
  11. J

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

I have a 95 XLT and as far as I can tell we have two different circuit boards. I pulled it apart and found a big difference between the board you pictured an the one I have. However mine takes a few minutes to turn on after I start the car. Any ideas on how to fix it or maybe someone else with...
  12. J

Intermittant Third Brake Light

I have been having trouble with my to brake light. It stoped working so I pulled it apart to look at the connections to make sure everything was ok. I reassembled it and it worked ok for awhile. Yesterday I noticed it wasn't working again. I think its probably the ballast and not the bulb...
  13. J

Troublesome CEL Light

Thanks for all your help. I never knew where the OBDII jack was. I figured due to the other connector I had OBDII. I never would have found it due to the fact it was covered. Well I pulled codes 377 and 376 both for the EGR. Going to get a new solenoid tommorow. Glad I found this forrum.
  14. J

Troublesome CEL Light

I have a 95 XLT with a Check Engine Light that comes on and goes off when it wants to. I tried hooking up up my code reader to the OBDII connector which gets power and shows its connected. But when I try to download any codes it just gives me an interface error and tells me to make sure the...
Back