Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Solved 4WD, AWD, and Transfer Case Information and Operation

hey guys I have an 02 that does all the same things you are all going through. and yes mine does not make the noise on dirt, snow, or grass. only tarmack. but I was told that it is normal. and that when you first take off the awd kicks in for a few seconds for better traction. and when you turn...
  2. C

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

ok guys i will get the number off the box in the morning and post it some time on Thursday.
  3. C

It should. If you are getting the codes then you have an egr, then you also have to have a pressure sensor to go with it. mine is a 2002 xlt so I would think your friends would be no different. I do know all models in that year had a egr valve. Try asking for an egr pressure sensor, I know it...
  4. C

are you asking about the egr or the sensor. what part?
  5. C

ok I bought a aftermarket sensor at advanced auto for thirty dollars and put it in today, it took a whole ten minutes. when i started the truck it seemed to idle better and the service engine light was off, but i contribute that to the unhooking the battery. well i will drive it for awhile and...
  6. C

this thread has been very helpful. Thank you all. I have an 02 explorer and when I turned on the ac one day the service engine light came on, advanced auto scanned it and said it was an egr insufficient flow. everyone at advanced auto said clean out the valve, everyone here says to replace the...
  7. C

EGR Insufficient Flow Check Engine Light

OK found the egr location. But do you really think that it is a DPRE sensor even after the codes scanned egr insufficient flow? if so where is the DPRE sensor? how easy is it and how much does that cost? also how can I be sure if that is what it is?
  8. C

ok sounds like a plan but for the life of me I still can not find the egr. HELP!:eek:
  9. C

Hey everyone, who knows how reliable the codes are at auto zone or advanced auto. I had a service engine soon come on, and the local auto store scanner said egr insufficient flow. Ford said this is not coming. but I am finding that allot of others are having the same issue on this website. also...
  10. C

Valve Cover / Gasket / EGR valve

i am trying to find one on my 02. but you are right, not every year has one. anyone know how to find mine
  11. C

Paint Chips on Front End..help!!!

I do not think it is your paint but rather your clear coat. I have a 2002 xlt and it does the same thing. in fact it is a real common problem, especially the hood. if you do your home work online you will find that it is one of the top complaints for the ford trucks. if it is your clear coat it...
Back