Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Trunk actuator broke on top mount

ok so as we all know the 98 explorer trunk door has two actuators that lift the trunk up, but for some reason (most likely the uneveness of my suspension) the ball that the actuator is attached to on the top sheared off. the mounts are pressed and are part of the body and was wondering if anyone...
  2. T

thermostat questions

there we go! yea i didn't know how high the the stock op thermo was so yea a couple of degrees wouldn't help me at all. i think the Maximum lowest they sell is a 160 but most are 180. thanks a lot guys!
  3. T

thermostat questions

yea i live up in mass it was just a thought if the thermo goes in it. i know my cousin has had to replace his a couple of times now. im not having any overheating issues just figure if the thermo in it goes i could lower the temp down but i don't know if i should because we get some pretty cold...
  4. T

thermostat questions

OK so i know you can swap the stock thermo out for a lower temp one and it helps keep the engine cooler but i was wondering what the stock thermo temp is set at and what would be a good temp thermo to throw in it. i want a thermo that cools better for the summer but i don't want have to swap it...
  5. T

mustang rims on 98x

I don't think i can use the stock x tires on the mustang rims. stock tire is 235/75/15 mustang rims fit 245/45/17 so it would have to be a little wider and a bigger diameter tire.
  6. T

mustang rims on 98x

well i finally put them on, drove around for about a week on them and i didn't like how the tires looked. they looked like they were way too small for the x so i swapped back to stock. i think im gonna put some big summer tires on them later on once i put on warrior shackles and do a tt...
  7. T

Taiedman45's 98 explorer

yep its my 98 xl, it resides in the good old state of MA. I put mustang rims on it but didn't like the tire size so i cleaned up the stock ones and swapped em back. nothing special, had to do an aal because the rear-end was sagging. other than that...stock! plan on getting some shackles for it...
  8. T

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

does anyone know if the pro comp aal from summit will fit on a 98? it says 91-97 but it should fit on a 98 correct? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EXP-13120&view=32&N=700+150+400145+4294908331+4294907830&appfilter=1#Application
  9. T

aal/helper springs?

ok ive been doing some research on the forms and found some great write ups on aals but im still a little in the dark about what i want to do with my leafs. the rear end is sagging pretty bad on both sides and im going to order some aals from summit soon. the thing that i want to know is there a...
  10. T

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

yea my bad i meant the 4405.:banghead:
  11. T

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

hey nice write up, very detailed and informative but i had a question and was wondering if you could do this with a v6? ive got the 4406 in it i just want the floor shift because i don't trust my knob on the dash as much as i do with the good old floor shifter.
  12. T

4 wheel drive problems

well ill see if i can get it scanned at the dealership or see if the sensor is making it act up. one step at a time i guess, thanks for the help man:thumbsup:.
  13. T

4 wheel drive problems

yea well i know that the lights are flashing 6 times every minute, does anyone know the flash codes for a 98? i also know someone that works at a ford dealership so i can always just ask him but i haven't been able to get a hold of him in a while, just looking for a quick fix. oh and Ive tried...
  14. T

ALMOST just stuck-snow driving

everyone is Tokyo Drift in the snow, i know i am :D
  15. T

ALMOST just stuck-snow driving

so the moral of the story is, explorers don't get stuck. EVER!
  16. T

4 wheel drive problems

OK I've been having this problem for a while now, my 4wd kicks on when I'm driving on the highway and i don't notice it till i get back into town and take a tight turn. the lights 4wd high and low both flash i think 6 times? and its like every minute or so that they do. and sometimes i cant...
  17. T

welded rear end?

i was watching trucks today on spike and i saw that they put a 8.8 ford rear end in a jeep. what they did is wielded the gear hosing to the axles. has anyone done this to there explorer? if so, did it help with off roading?
  18. T

mustang rims on 98x

ok i know this one is old but i dont want a ton of tire gap in the wells so the biggest i can go on a 17 would be like, 245/65 or can i get a 245/70 in there?
  19. T

mustang rims on 98x

ok the main thing I'm worried about is mounting the mustang rims up with the tires on them and taking it off my lift and blowing them out because the tires aren't rated for the weight of the x. i got the sizes and the amount of weight they can handle mustang rims and tires: 245-45-17 1709lbs at...
  20. T

mustang rims on 98x

yea the rims i got are 17x8, just wondering what tire sizes can fit underneath the explorer without rub or weight issues.
  21. T

door moldings

hey guys i was thinking of removing the door moldings from my 98, just wondering if there is paint underneath the moldings because my bro took off his moldings to his altima and there was primer underneath, not paint. also was wondering if there is a certain way to take them off or if there just...
  22. T

mustang rims on 98x

ok so my dad swapped out stock 2000 mustang rims for some huge ones and the old stock ones mount up nice on my 98x and i like the look of them, i was wondering if the stock mustang tire on the rim would be able to run on the x because im a little worried about the weight of the x on the tires...
Back