Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

PO171 & PO174 on 4.0 ohv

Thanks for the advice. I will have the time to look at my truck tommrow - will update with any findings.
  2. M

PO171 & PO174 on 4.0 ohv

I am dealing with the same problem on my ranger. I also have an idle problem - starts up fine but the idle bounces from ~600 rpm to ~1000rpm. You can listen to the exhaust and hear a -pop- every so often. I am leaning towards a misfire problem. Is there a way to check for misfires using a...
  3. M

Milemarker vs. Warn Manual hubs...

Milemarkers will do the job - but warn has a lifetime warranty.
  4. M

Apten chip - switch position vs program

Thanks. :)
  5. M

Apten chip - switch position vs program

I have an apten chip in my truck - my question is to those of you that have a dual program chip. I have a 91 perf program and an 87 perf program. When the led is on which program is represented by green? I thought it was the 91 perf prog. Thanks. :)
  6. M

Timing chain - 1997 OHV

Anybody??
  7. M

Timing chain - 1997 OHV

I am going to be replacing the timing chain very soon - wanted to know if there are any special tools or any tips from those that have done it. Oh yea... my truck has about 150k on it. Thanx.
  8. M

Dome light - what type bulbs?

I just got a dome light from a 98 ex - it has the 2 rocker switches on the back to turn the lights on. Anyone know what size bulbs I need? Thanx, MIKE
  9. M

speakers

92xlt4x4- Not pioneer speakers but...look here they sound great - need low power ( all I ever had on them was a 25w per channel RMS a/d/s amp. Sounded better than all of the other speakers in their class ($150 and under) not as bright as boston acoustics a tight , natural sound.
  10. M

Need sub recomendation

What size box is your Infinity in? Sealed or ported? My friend has a single 12" Infinity in a .9 ft3 sealed box and we put it in my truck to compare subs. My amp was only giving it 300w (single vc) and it was very loud. Clean sounding with no distortion. I had the gains all the way down and...
  11. M

Does your front end lock up in the rain?

Anybody....Bueller...Bueller???? :)
  12. M

OK - Bled the rears today - plenty of fluid comes out. Any ideas?
  13. M

OK - thanks for the ideas so far. I am going to bleed the rears (if I can) tomorrow at my folks house. Does anybody have an idea how much either a RABS valve or a proportioning valve costs? Oh yea - what are your feelings on braided PTFE brake lines? Good / bad - no different than stock...
  14. M

Can the RABS valve be repaired or does it need to be replaced?
  15. M

xxblackxx - yes, they used to lock up on dry pavement until I got rid of the firestones. I am taking it to the dealer - I think it may have somthing to do with the proportioning valve
  16. M

How much of an effect would air in the lines have? Could I just need to bleed the system?
  17. M

The brakes I removed were wagner thermo-quiet pads. I think these new pads have much more grip. The rears have never locked up on me - yet...
  18. M

Pumping may help - I only find myself skidding on steep downhills. If I am quick enough I can back off to get the wheels to unlock and reapply and stop in time to not slide through the intersection. The thing that worries me is an emergency - I may not have enough time to ease into the brakes...
  19. M

The front end locks up - downhill - with hardly any pressure.
  20. M

I have been having a problem with my front end locking up. It does it from just about any speed over 10mph - most noticeable when going downhill. I put Toyo open country at tires on last year, new brakes all the way around last weekend. Does anybody else have this problem? Every time it rains...
  21. M

Apten chip - do you find the tranny shifts too hard???

I finally got around to installing the chip. :cool: I found that the tranny shifts very hard under WOT. I already have a transgo shift kit - is the apten programming overkill? Will it hurt the tranny?
  22. M

Anyone using the Catz 9007 HID kit?

I am ready to look into the catz 9007 setup. I am leary of doing this because of the lousy quality of our headlight housings. I don't want to spend the $$$ and not be able to see in fog - I also dont want to blind every other driver.
  23. M

Adding hella XL's - Location?

I tried that - the XL's and the FF1000's are too big to have them together. I think the XL's are going to go under the bumber in a stock'ish' location. :)
  24. M

Adding hella XL's - Location?

Adding hella XL's - Location? - Sorry dialups I have photoshopped a pair of lights about the same size as the XL's under the brushguard. What do you think? Too much on the guard? Thanx :) Link to pic
  25. M

Question about brakes

The anti-rattle clips only go on the inner pads?
Back