Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Wanted Blend door flap for '96 XLT wanted.

Thanks mate I'll have a look into it.
  2. B

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Further to my last post, I have found a place that will ship me a blend door but they want $55 to post it!! A few q's if anyone can help: 1. Because my 96 XLT is in Oz it is right hand drive, this means my glove box is on the left. Is the blend door on the right side of the motor? If so I...
  3. B

Rockauto do have it and will ship it to Oz but they want $55 to send me a part that costs $8.95, what a rip off. I have had other things sent in the past that were heavier and much cheaper to post. I'm not having much luck but I appreciate your help. Baz.
  4. B

I just checked out those two sites. NAPA won't ship to Oz and Dorman won't unless I am a registered distributor. No luck I'm afraid, unless I buy it from NAPA and pay online but give a USA address. Then that person would just have to send it to me and I can pay them for the postage. Unless I can...
  5. B

Thanks for the info. Ford here called it a blend door flap but I'd say it is just the blend door. From what I've already read on this forum about the ways to fix it, I think it is the same part. I'll have a look at the sites you mentioned. Any idea of what they are worth? Thanks.
  6. B

G'day guys, I am looking for a blend door flap for my '96 XLT Explorer. I can't find one anywhere here in Oz. Because the car was an import, Ford Australia don't have these parts. Can someone point me in the right direction to get one in the States and tell me what is a realistic price so...
  7. B

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Blend Door Flap needed. G'day guys, Barry from Melbourne Australia here and I need help please. I have a '96 XLT with a broken blend door flap. My AC works OK but heating has gone and it is the middle of our winter here. My mechanic can not find me a replacement part anywhere in Oz as my...
Back