Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

my "new" toy

if you have ever had an "OH ****" moment, this was one of those. me and a couple buddies were riding along a gas line, going through the woods, playing in the creek (about 6 inches of water), getting in some mud, all the fun stuff you can do on an atv. on the way in we tore up a beaver dam so...
  2. C

Getting rid of center seat

one member did a writeup on taking out the bench and putting bucket seats in the back, he had to custom make the mounting bracket but it turned out very nice. he even has pics of the process http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184488 i was bored so i found the link for you
  3. C

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

a get together would be awesome i'm done with school and home may 6 if you ride an atv i am planning a trip down to Busco beach atv park and campground in goldsboro may 8-10 they do not allow suvs and trucks on there trails
  4. C

my "new" toy

this thing is whats been occupying my time every chance i get. its a 1985 honda trx 125 top speed= 43.6 mph and it gets there fast. to be as small of an engine it puts out
  5. C

Tinting my windows on Sat need some help

my sub boxes were prefab, i bought from the store, but they were the right volume/ space for my subs. i wanna make a box or boxes that don't take up as much space so thats a summer project in about two months
  6. C

i think uwharrie is in my future
  7. C

i want to wheel easter weekend someone give me something in the alamance caswell area. or i'll play on my 4 wheeler on the farm. it would be nice to trailer the atv and go somewhere new
  8. C

the squeegee in the kit i got was pretty firm as long as you keep everything wet it will all slide around pretty good. just remember don't put the windows down for at least 3 days
  9. C

the gila kit is what i used and it worked fine for me. the key is take your time and having an extra set of hands is great. the back window might be a pain because of the compound curve. lay the tint on the outside, sticky side out, and heat shrink it to fit the curve. i haven't tried this but...
  10. C

my ranger finally made it from mexico take a look!!!

i would really like to have a small truck only if it has 4 doors like these, i'm a die-hard ford fan so a border-hopping ranger may be my only hope
  11. C

Whats wrong with this explorer!?

its a hybrid
  12. C

V6 vs. V8: MPG

lol this ad was at the bottom of the page lol what a bunch of horse manure " because spinning air just burns better"
  13. C

Question about upgrading stock system.

i would like to apologize for the fact that no one answered your question. however they were trying to be helpful do you want the shop to use the stock sub location or another box? new speakers- diy--- $50 - $150 depending on brand for full set audio shop--- price of...
  14. C

I need some help inside my driver's door. Broken handle and latch.

welcome a good bet is to go to a junkyard that lets you pull parts, i had a similar problem with an '89 mazda mx6 where the outside handle wouldn't open the door, i pulled one off a different car and got it color matched free (the shop was in the process of painting a black car) and put it on...
  15. C

Rear Bumpers

search is your friend
  16. C

Cracked Bed ?

btw a v8 will not change the material that the bed is made of he'd still have the same problem no matter what size his engine, i think you're referring to towing capacity not the amount that can be hauled inside the bed
  17. C

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

so what numbers are taken already, my offroad project will be a zapv as long as i can convince the co-owner
  18. C

Inexpensive Mods are the Best.

great job and i agree when you diy you have a real sense of pride that comes no other way. i did green accents on the inside of mine with the Krylon Fusion paint and clear-coat, if i could easily remove the piece it turned green, then i went back a week later and got the tricky stuff, it looks...
  19. C

Women Drivers

i have about 200 lbs of cinderblocks in the back of my X as well as my amp & subs/boxes that definitely helps me keep traction i had twice the cinderblocks and couldn't even spin on wet pavement so i got rid of half
  20. C

New to site

welcome and good luck, if you do go the "new car" route you can always look for another explorer
  21. C

Tbars gets a GPS

i go across a new bypass here and my gps thinks i'm "flying" lol i got the unit for christmas and that bypass was done about a year ago, maybe i still need to update my maps
  22. C

Help needed here.

do you need one or are you pulling yours off? i need to pull mine off to put in some dynamat... i'm pretty sure the 1st thing you remove is the pull handle; take out the phillips-head screw then remove the handle. i would think it would then come off like a regular door panel if i'm correct on...
  23. C

Women Drivers

you know this reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago this story needs to be set up right i'm in the mountains i was at a party with limited parking so i was parked on the side of the driveway and its a steep driveway so i have my wheels turned out and i'm facing down the hill...
  24. C

6x9s in a 98 4 door explorer

you will have to use some kind of spacer or cut the hole larger, i'm not 100% sure but i think you will have to custom make the spacer because all the adapters i've herd of only allow smaller speakers to fit
  25. C

Good place to mount switches?

this is my switch on my remote line for my amp
Back